Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Plus but only 335m Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Long Range Plus this week. The first thing I noticed was the display showed Long Range. The delivery center assured me that would change in an over the air update. I received one last night (2020.8.1). But I charged to 100% for a trip and I only see 335m range, not even the 373 of the Long Range. Is something wrong with the car?

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
I took delivery of my Long Range Plus this week. The first thing I noticed was the display showed Long Range. The delivery center assured me that would change in an over the air update. I received one last night (2020.8.1). But I charged to 100% for a trip and I only see 335m range, not even the 373 of the Long Range. Is something wrong with the car?

I am in exactly same situation. Picked up the car Friday 3/6. I charged to 90% and got 325 mile range, should be closer to 350. Still on 2019.35.108, as far as the car is concerned its up to date. I've got a service appointment this week.

• Informative

Return it.

I got my “LR+” on Thursday as well and told the same thing about it being updated to LR+ over next few days. Mine still hasn’t changed. When I charge to the daily trip line I only get 323 miles as well. How do I see the percentage of battery I’m charging to, I only see the miles?

I am in exactly same situation. Picked up the car Friday 3/6. I charged to 90% and got 325 mile range, should be closer to 350. Still on 2019.35.108, as far as the car is concerned its up to date. I've got a service appointment this week.

Same situation. Took delivery of MS long range plus on Friday 3/6 and only charging to a max charge of 335 miles. Was told that was due to a software issue that would be fixed with update. Got 2020.8.1 update last night but it didn’t change the range or the fact that the car isn’t showing as Long Range Plus, only “Long Range”. Scheduled service appointment for Thursday. Pretty frustrating.

• Informative
At 90% charge my “LR +” is only getting to 325 which would mean 100% would be 360. Seems really low.

Actually, it seems very much like the LR range.

Remember, the range will change significantly with different ambient temperature and driving styles.

I have found all this discussion about a couple of per cent range increase very confusing when to take all the variables into account that can have the same or greater effect.

I haven't tried it with my MS, but it's quite likely that adding a few psi to tire pressures will increase your range.

Remember that your car's computer recalibrates as it learns that it has a particular range based on your real proven range.

my car is a 17 Jan 20 mfg date.....my battery s/n has an "A" in it......those with LR+ seem to have a "B"......my car came with 2019.35.105 software and after 3.5 weeks, get 2020.4.11 and the next day got 2020.8.1.....no range upgrade.....It was told to me the battery was capped at 98%......I charge to 90% and can only get 322-324 miles.....at 100% I should get 370.....actual is 365 because I am charging only to 98% because of the cap.......

I was told I could upgrade to the better range for a cost (yet to be determined)......my "F" battery is the same as later models except for the s/n......this is really a stupid thing that is happening......the LR+ was released after I got my car but everything in my car seems to to ready for the update, but I have to pay for it....those of you who purchased the LR+ to have a legitimate gripe......the Monroney should have the LR+.....as should your display.....I am puzzled why they would send you out a new one, and when could you expect to get the "upgrade"........that upgrade by the way is the same one that I was told I would have to pay for......oh well.....the saga continues....good luck everybody

my car is a 17 Jan 20 mfg date.....my battery s/n has an "A" in it......those with LR+ seem to have a "B"......my car came with 2019.35.105 software and after 3.5 weeks, get 2020.4.11 and the next day got 2020.8.1.....no range upgrade.....It was told to me the battery was capped at 98%......I charge to 90% and can only get 322-324 miles.....at 100% I should get 370.....actual is 365 because I am charging only to 98% because of the cap.......

I was told I could upgrade to the better range for a cost (yet to be determined)......my "F" battery is the same as later models except for the s/n......this is really a stupid thing that is happening......the LR+ was released after I got my car but everything in my car seems to to ready for the update, but I have to pay for it....those of you who purchased the LR+ to have a legitimate gripe......the Monroney should have the LR+.....as should your display.....I am puzzled why they would send you out a new one, and when could you expect to get the "upgrade"........that upgrade by the way is the same one that I was told I would have to pay for......oh well.....the saga continues....good luck everybody

when you say the LR + seem to have a B in them is that in the number after the (S)? Sorry I’m new to all this

2020.12 gets me an SOC of 185m at 51% so I'm now close to 370m at 100%. Tesla support is telling me the 390 won't kick in until "firmware update post certification" meaning EPA, whenever that is. But they are checking my pack remotely anyway.

They also said that the "Model S with 19" Silver Slip stream wheels are not eligible for LR+". I have Tempest.

Last edited:
2020.12 gets me an SOC of 185m at 51% so I'm now close to 370m at 100%. Tesla support is telling me the 390 won't kick in until "firmware update post certification" meaning EPA, whenever that is. But they are checking my pack remotely anyway.

They also said that the "Model S with 19" Silver Slip stream wheels are not eligible for LR+". I have Tempest.

Hi - So I’m incredibly interested in this. My 2020 Model S ( purchased 15 Dec 2019 ) has a full-on charge range of 263 - never hitting the 270. I’ve gotten several updates, but am confused. Is the EPA longer-range update still yet to come?

very interesting......my car is 17 Jan mgf date with slip stream wheels.....type “F” battery.....if this is true, suggests I may not get LR+....this is not right

I was told by delivery today that my car that was built on 17 Jan and is currently a LR....I was told that I would be getting a firmware update later to get me to the LR+....I asked them if this was a software or firmware update and was told it was a firmware and that it would be free.....I then asked what the differences between software upgrade and firmware upgrade and was told a firmware update is just a larger file for the whole car.....

yea, go figure....we will see what happens and when