Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This information from Sean may be why the latest version of the V4+ has been working. Based on the voltage reading I have seen, the BMS wont need to trip and in turn wont case system errors.

"The current firmware version we are loading puts the max V at 15.0V/3.75VPC before it "trips"; 14.8V is ok as a holding voltage for some time. 13.4V is a great operating voltage and depending on A in/out the 99% SOC should be fairly accurate. The values you are seeing all sound good and ideal and what we hope for!"

Reactions: miles267
She’s got all the little upgrades like matrix headlights, heated wipers, Ryzen, and the li-ion low voltage. I now have some garage logistics to sort out charging 😂. The build is super clean over little imperfections I had on my Y.
Step daughter picks her Y up today. I had another friend just order and they are already scheduled 1-2 week delivery.

I gave Sean the screenshot of when mine had the error codes occur - saw no change in voltage. Just went from 14.73V to cutoff and load shed. My battery still shows 3 cycles so the 80-100% charges don’t count.

Appreciate the info. Am going to hold off until this February update before reinstalling my Ohmmu. It became a bit tiring swap the OEM in/out. Am hoping Ohmmu does add a Bluetooth firmware update feature via the mobile app. That would be advanced. For the time being, mine remains topped off on a slow charger.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Sorry this happened to you as this is ridiculous. Sounds like OEM is the best way to go until Tesla makes some changes
Very doubtful tesla will make changes that will allow 3rd party lithium batteries. The cars that still have lead acid, tesla only codes those cars to work with lead acid and if the car doesnt see voltages similar to how a lead acid would react, the car will reject the battery like a transplanted body part. Only way these batteries will ever work IMHO is the 3rd parties somehow figure out how to mimic a lead acid with a lithium battery.

Very doubtful tesla will make changes that will allow 3rd party lithium batteries. The cars that still have lead acid, tesla only codes those cars to work with lead acid and if the car doesnt see voltages similar to how a lead acid would react, the car will reject the battery like a transplanted body part. Only way these batteries will ever work IMHO is the 3rd parties somehow figure out how to mimic a lead acid with a lithium battery.
Been running my Antigravity 51R LiFePO4 since 4/22, and error free.

I've been running the Ohmmu V4+ for 2 months without issue. I monitor daily and behavior is normal and the charging system has put out no messages. I am on FSDBeta 2022.44.30.10. Shortly, the Ohmmu app will allow firmware updates to the battery and the ability to log and report issues back to Ohmmu. There has been a report that Tesla MAY have changed the charging profile in the latest non-FSD software however, it is also possible the irregularities are being caused by other issues and not the Ohmmu. There was a time when software would not update with the Ohmmu installed but that was some months ago.

Sorry this happened to you as this is ridiculous. Sounds like OEM is the best way to go until Tesla makes some changes
It certainly is the way of least hassle. However if you're willing to do periodic resets which at this point I'm okay with because I've got it down to literally a two minute operation, you can get an almost 20 lb weight loss, much longer life, and the greater efficiency of the lithium iron phosphate chemistry over the lead acid chemistry in terms of charging losses. There's about a 15% difference between those two chemistries in terms of how efficiently they capture energy so that's significant over the lifetime of the car. That means that 15% of every kilowatt hour coming in or out of the 12 volt system is something that you will save with a lithium iron phosphate replacement. You just have to decide if the extra grief and hassle is worth it.

As to whether or not there will ever be a change on Tesla's part so that the 12 volt subsystem does not abuse the current generation of lithium iron phosphate aftermarket batteries, your guess is as good as mine. Given that there are reports that even folks with the new 15 volt lithium chemistries are having problems with their battery, this becomes more evidence to Tesla doesn't know what they're doing with 12 volt or low voltage subsystems. We've had issues in our powerwall too with the 12 volt system dying so this all becomes evidence of a system-wide lack of technical competence in how to manage these systems.