Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed the new battery with heating element since 3 weeks without any battery warnings but the car is idling most of the time and doesn't want to get in to sleep mode. View attachment 980150 I didn't drive since 3 days and doesn't wake the car.
I didn't have this behavior with the "old" V4+.
Suggestion, if no Android app working find a friend with an iPhone, download the IOS Ohmmu app and install the correct BMS firmware. Mine shipped with OHMMU5 and I corrected to Tesla Model 3.

So far the heated Ohmmu is working with no messages and it just works. Today first cooler morning at 38f. Place the car outside, plus a non-heated V4+ next to the car. After a couple hours the Heated battery (while car asleep) was 54.5f. The non-heated was 46.6f and the outside temp had risen to 44. Looking forward to colder temp but no warnings on the heated model and no warnings with the V4+ over the summer as well. The charging page "thinks" there is an Atlas installed and says health OK. The V4+ Heated arrived at 35% charge. I put a charger on to 36% to test integrity then installed using the procedure. I let the car charge the Ohmmu to what it wanted and it stopped at about 14.3v (the battery can go to 14.8). Then the car does a draw down test to about 20% and 12.9-13.0 volts (takes a while to do it) stabilizes there then charges back up to full. This can be misinterpreted as "suicide mode" but no warnings and the battery passed the cars test.

For those interested, there is a FIRMWARE update issued Oct 10, 2023. The information is in the Ohmmu support section under "Tesla| All Models| Vehicle Not Charging 12 Volt Battery." The firmware update, once the firmware update APP is downloaded (different app from the Ohmmu App - TelinkBleOTA) and configured with the new firmware file(V65) performs the update in about 20 seconds. Once the firmware is updated, update the CONFIGURATION to the model Tesla driven. The configuration update is the slow update that takes about a minute or two to complete.

Last edited:
For those interested, there is a FIRMWARE update issued Oct 10, 2023. The information is in the Ohmmu support section under "Tesla| All Models| Vehicle Not Charging 12 Volt Battery." The firmware update, once the firmware update APP is downloaded (different app from the Ohmmu App - TelinkBleOTA) and configured with the new firmware file(V65) performs the update in about 20 seconds. Once the firmware is updated, update the CONFIGURATION to the model Tesla driven. The configuration update is the slow update that takes about a minute or two to complete.

What kind of Tesla alerts should I be on the look out for here? I have had the V4+ back in the Model 3 for about 2 months now, with no issues, no alerts. Ohmmu app shows 5x 12V battery cycles since then. Don't really feel like messing around with the BT firmware upgrade and vehicle hard reset steps if it's not explicitly critical to do so.

What kind of Tesla alerts should I be on the look out for here? I have had the V4+ back in the Model 3 for about 2 months now, with no issues, no alerts. Ohmmu app shows 5x 12V battery cycles since then. Don't really feel like messing around with the BT firmware upgrade and vehicle hard reset steps if it's not explicitly critical to do so.
Some type of 12 volt alert. If not broke dont need to fix. In my case, last winter my non-heated V4+ would not charge below freezing (31F) when the car trickled at .01 amps. This firmware fix may correct that but right now I have both the V4+ and the V4+ Heated. The heated is installed and so far below 60F I notice about a 12 degree difference between heated and non-heated. (58F heated and 46F non-heated.) Temperatures this week will drop below freezing and I am checking daily both the installed battery and the non-heated uninstalled battery sitting outside. So far no warnings and all indications normal. I did the firmware update because of last winters warnings matched the description and decided to do both batteries in the process. Once the Firmware App was installed, it was a bit tricky adding the firmware file to the app for transfer to the battery until I determined the downloaded file was saving to iCloud rather than the app folder. Once that figured out up date was fast and easy for both firmware and configuration. If you update firmware also do configuration. No need to reset car if no warnings to clear.

Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
It was warmer weather for the last few days but i bet the battery warnings coming back below freezing.
I report it to sean but he doesn't reply anymore on this issue 😄
Here is a message from Ohmmu support: "Please follow this over the air update procedure at Tesla | All Models (Bluetooth-Enabled) | Vehicle not Charging 12V Battery "

"If the alert does return, please share snapshots of all the tabs from the Ohmmu app or press send config in the Advanced tab of the app and provide the MAC-ID by clicking the gear/settings icon in the upper right corner when in the ohmmu app."

So if errors or messages return they do want the feedback along with the data provided by the bluetooth model batteries.