Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a great Tint shop in North NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Morris Plains NJ and I'm looking for a great Tint shop in the area or Clifton NJ area. Anyone knows a good shop? Also, what tint should I consider getting for the front and both sides? (still debating about the roof glass if I should tint or not)

If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

I live in Morris Plains NJ and I'm looking for a great Tint shop in the area or Clifton NJ area. Anyone knows a good shop? Also, what tint should I consider getting for the front and both sides? (still debating about the roof glass if I should tint or not)

Funny story.

the first Tesla I ever drove for any length of time was a Turo rental from “Always Clean” in Fair Lawn. He has a bunch of Tesla’s he runs as a fleet through Turo and the one I got was fully PPFd. The PPF job was spotless. Looked hand cut so no seams visible.

the guy is also incredibly nice. Like one of those people that smiles and you feel like the world is a bit brighter.

kind of took me off guard.

his detail shop looked spotless, very cool setup in there. So all in all, if anyone knows about long term Tesla care it seems to be that guy. And if his PPF application was any indicator, I’m sure his tinting services are great.

I half hate the guy because driving his P3D probably ruined my bank account. I was the first person to drive it too. An honor if I do say so myself.

Not to derail, but can front/driver get legally tinted in NJ?

Not to derail, but can front/driver get legally tinted in NJ?
You really can't but people are tinting windshields because a lot of cars are coming straight from the factory with a windshield tint.

Funny story.

the first Tesla I ever drove for any length of time was a Turo rental from “Always Clean” in Fair Lawn. He has a bunch of Tesla’s he runs as a fleet through Turo and the one I got was fully PPFd. The PPF job was spotless. Looked hand cut so no seams visible.

the guy is also incredibly nice. Like one of those people that smiles and you feel like the world is a bit brighter.

kind of took me off guard.

his detail shop looked spotless, very cool setup in there. So all in all, if anyone knows about long term Tesla care it seems to be that guy. And if his PPF application was any indicator, I’m sure his tinting services are great.

I half hate the guy because driving his P3D probably ruined my bank account. I was the first person to drive it too. An honor if I do say so myself.

I will definitely try this guy, thank you for the info.

Reactions: Saturday
I live in NJ too right by Morris Plains and tinting the front windows is still illegal in NJ.
Many years ago I used The Tint Shop down in Edison. They did good work for me way back when.

I know it's illegal but a lot of cars these days come straight from the factory with a small tint. I was planning on getting a light tint.

45 or 55 no one will notice

That's what I was thinking. Something that I'm still visible but gives me some tint.