Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Good Third Party App for Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we mostly agree the Tesla app is lacking the information, results and history that we would like, are there any options? Like most, I've taken to manually recording daily results with hopes of finding something better.

I realize there are devices that an electrician can install, but I really don't need to go that far. Something easy and relatively simple. I did some preliminary research and came up with PVOutput.org which should work with iOS, but I really don't like the interface. Any other iOS, MacOS apps that work? Even a boilerplate spreadsheet would suffice.

Well...I wrote some golang code to poll the local Tesla API on the Powerwall gateway...it dumps the data into an InfluxDB database, which I can visualize on a Grafana dashboard. This is probably more DIY than most people would want to do (although people in the Tesla world tend to geekier than the average bear).

upload_2019-6-28_15-39-39.png

Anyway look at pwimport in this repo:

bmah888/gotesla

Bruce.

Well...I wrote some golang code to poll the local Tesla API on the Powerwall gateway...it dumps the data into an InfluxDB database, which I can visualize on a Grafana dashboard. This is probably more DIY than most people would want to do (although people in the Tesla world tend to geekier than the average bear).

View attachment 424458

Anyway look at pwimport in this repo:

bmah888/gotesla

Bruce.
I would love to try this when I get my PW in two weeks!

Wow, are there any devices or code though that can manage home power to/from grid flow? Griddy and Texas ERCOT provide electricity spot pricing and there has been some IFTTT integration for Nest, etc. Would it be possible to output all power generation and battery when prices spike using the data? Tesla's time management and manual intervention are pretty outdated with free data being provided off the electricity grid.
Konnect.io, Sense, etc. So many devices out there to make home smarter, but what to do when you have a chance to monetize your stored and generated power?