Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for someone to help order EU tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Thanks for the responses. I was able to buy the tail lights myself from an overseas service center during a vacation.
I'm all good now. Just have to figure out how to rewire them so orange AND red lights don't come on together when braking.

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses. I was able to buy the tail lights myself from an overseas service center during a vacation.
I'm all good now. Just have to figure out how to rewire them so orange AND red lights don't come on together when braking.

I'm planning on doing the same. Has anyone confirmed that it's the wiring that is cause of the turn and brake lights coming on at the same time? Hoping this isn't a coding issue.

Thanks!

It is a "software" configuration.
The USA lights use the "indicator" signal for the full red bar. Empty pin on the tail light side for the "stop" signal.
The EU lights use the "indicator" signal for the orange tips, and "stop" signal for the inner red section.

The "stop" signal is present in USA cars and is actually enabled/powered with braking action, so that's good, but the "indicator" is configured to behave as brakes+blinkers, so there's no way around it. When you brake, orange and red will both light up. We are lucky the "stop" signal even has signal, given it looks like Tesla has full control of the behaviors.

My plan is to disconnect the "indicator" signal from the tail light harness, ground it with a resistor so it doesn't think the bulb is broken and blink like crazy on the front signals, and then pull a long wire from each side indicator from the front fender camera all the way to the back and then connect it into the tail light pin for the orange tips.

If only Tesla would make this reconfiguration easy for us...

It is a "software" configuration.
The USA lights use the "indicator" signal for the full red bar. Empty pin on the tail light side for the "stop" signal.
The EU lights use the "indicator" signal for the orange tips, and "stop" signal for the inner red section.

The "stop" signal is present in USA cars and is actually enabled/powered with braking action, so that's good, but the "indicator" is configured to behave as brakes+blinkers, so there's no way around it. When you brake, orange and red will both light up. We are lucky the "stop" signal even has signal, given it looks like Tesla has full control of the behaviors.

My plan is to disconnect the "indicator" signal from the tail light harness, ground it with a resistor so it doesn't think the bulb is broken and blink like crazy on the front signals, and then pull a long wire from each side indicator from the front fender camera all the way to the back and then connect it into the tail light pin for the orange tips.

If only Tesla would make this reconfiguration easy for us...

What about the rear fog? Does that get enabled automatically once connected?

Thanks again!