Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Los Angeles area curb rash repair recommendation request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nick at Auto Creative Wheel Repair did a good job on both of our Teslas. Repair of minor rash (~4" on rim) on each wheel cost $100. We were very pleased with the work - couldn't see where the repair was done afterward. Both wheels were Tsportline TSS glossy black.

I believe Auto Creative Repair is pretty much just Nick. He services the general LA area and we're in the South Bay. He came to our house both times to do the repairs, he was on time, there was no overspray, and he cleaned up after himself.

Auto Creative - Los Angeles, CA

I used Alex Fix Wheels. It's also a mobile service. I paid $80/wheel a couple years ago. I couldn't see the damage afterwards on a gloss black lip. I'm also in the southbay. For larger jobs, i.e. bent wheels, powdercoating, I take it to LAX wheel finishing in downtown.

Attachments

• 20200723_092227.jpg
    20200723_092227.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 20200727_151141.jpg
    20200727_151141.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 172
Nope. They'll have the paint and will blend to match your color. Mine was gloss black so it was easy. Keep in mind, the touch up paint is spray paint not powdercoat so it won't last as long.

Any idea how long the repaired paint lasts? I would assume at lease one or even two years. If so I am fine with that. I have no idea how “abrasive” the air is hitting the repainted area. Spending $100 or so every other year is okay but once a year could hurt.

Any idea how long the repaired paint lasts? I would assume at lease one or even two years. If so I am fine with that. I have no idea how “abrasive” the air is hitting the repainted area. Spending $100 or so every other year is okay but once a year could hurt.
My repair covered a large part of the lip. After about a year, the black paint was rough to the touch, not the high gloss of the powdercoat. For a small area you probably won't notice. For a permanent solution, it's best to get it powdercoated. I would definitely do it again if it was just the lip. My wheels were shaped a little different.