Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing interest in the Tesla Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed that Tesla has low competition, but how do you think service is a problem? My cars have never, NEVER needed service, two with over 80,000 miles on them, one with over 10,000. What's there to service?

Or are you just taking it in for fun? Everyone I know never takes their car in for service. Why do YOU? Maybe you just like to pay for things you don't need.

That's an odd argument - so because your cars have never needed service, no one else's need service either?

I've had my car in for service on a few occasions, and its because something broke. Thats why people normally take their cars in for service. Recently I took the car in for the 2 year/25,000 miles service, because thats what Tesla recommends to do. Thats two examples of why you would take your car to service.

Having said that, Ive never had a problem scheduling an appointment or then keeping the car too long, and have always been provided a Tesla loaner, so from my perspective, there is no issue with Tesla service but that doesnt mean Tesla does not need service centers.

So the bottom line is: what other electric car are you gonna buy? Gas cars aren't an option; even the fanciest feel extraordinarily unpleasant after driving an EV for a while.

If that's your opinion then I guess you are stuck with Tesla for some time. I and many others don't feel that way. I value both EV and ICE driving dynamics. They feel very different and I enjoy each in its own way.

This post came across as strange for some reason, not sure why. But it made me look at your profile. Nearly every single post you have made is just negativity about Tesla. Curious why you spend time on a Tesla focused board?

Why do I do it? Good question. I love my 2013 P85+. It is the best car that I have ever owned and I have owed a few. I have followed this company since the NY times did a hit piece on them in 2012. Remember when they ran the cars battery down in Chicago and made a big fuss about it? That was the first time that I heard about Tesla and the electric car that could go a least 200 miles on a charge. So I bought a used 2013 in 2015.
I've followed Tesla since 2012 and have become a big fan. I have visited the showroom here in Seattle and spoken to them there at least a dozen times. I tried to buy a certified pre-owned last summer and found out they had a lot learn about selling used cars. When I write on this forum it is not because I want the company to fail. It is because of my 35 years of experience in the retail automobile industry and my interest in this company that I can see things from a different perspective than most. I may be wrong but there is major reason to be concerned. My goal was to encourage discussion and inform.
Some choose to attack the messenger on this forum. I guess that is unavoidable. People get into certain groups and become very polarized. They don't know what they don't know. Sometimes they just refuse to look.

Why do I do it? Good question. I love my 2013 P85+. It is the best car that I have ever owned and I have owed a few. I have followed this company since the NY times did a hit piece on them in 2012. Remember when they ran the cars battery down in Chicago and made a big fuss about it? That was the first time that I heard about Tesla and the electric car that could go a least 200 miles on a charge. So I bought a used 2013 in 2015.
I've followed Tesla since 2012 and have become a big fan. I have visited the showroom here in Seattle and spoken to them there at least a dozen times. I tried to buy a certified pre-owned last summer and found out they had a lot learn about selling used cars. When I write on this forum it is not because I want the company to fail. It is because of my 35 years of experience in the retail automobile industry and my interest in this company that I can see things from a different perspective than most. I may be wrong but there is major reason to be concerned. My goal was to encourage discussion and inform.
Some choose to attack the messenger on this forum. I guess that is unavoidable. People get into certain groups and become very polarized. They don't know what they don't know. Sometimes they just refuse to look.
Strange you only have 12 posts on a fairly new account. You write like you're an expert and long time fan. What took you so long to join the forum and why only 12 posts. Something just doesn't fit.

If that's your opinion then I guess you are stuck with Tesla for some time. I and many others don't feel that way. I value both EV and ICE driving dynamics. They feel very different and I enjoy each in its own way.

I agree! Many on here are EV or nothing, usually Tesla or nothing. I find some ICE cars drive just as good or better than Teslas.

Very good commends and valid points here. The Model S has been neglected and reduced. I understand streamlining production by reducing options on a low price car, but not on a high end car like the Model S. My guess and hope is that a completely redesigned Model S is about to come. That would be the only excuse.
LOL a Model S refresh has been coming for a LONG time..........maybe after they start delivery of Model Y or the Truck.

Last edited:
I've totally lost interest. I have a Model S 100D. This price cut was the breaking point for me. Overnight, my vehicle lost $10k. My vehicle continues to have issues with poor customer service. I don't feel I need to keep calling or send emails, or "escalate" to regional managers. I just don't have the time. They fix things, and I have the same issue weeks later.

I get the appeal of electric cars and am totally sold on the idea. But if I'm spending $100k+ on a vehicle, I expect stellar service and a vehicle that has a certain quality. I will be returning mine at the end of my lease. Instead of putting resources into making fart noises or playing Atari, how about putting some time and money into improving customer service and build quality.

I have no doubt when the German manufacturers start making their EV, Tesla will be in serious trouble. I've put my deposit for the Taycan this week. I don't use the superchargers that much so its not much of a selling point for me.

I really feel bad about posting this, but I've come to the realisation that this car is not worth the money.

Instead of putting resources into making fart noises or playing Atari, how about putting some time and money into improving customer service and build quality.

This is where I don't get how they ran their agile process. Apparently the fart noises were higher in priority ranking than fixing some long standing media player bugs. :confused:

Agreed that Tesla has low competition, but how do you think service is a problem? My cars have never, NEVER needed service, two with over 80,000 miles on them, one with over 10,000. What's there to service?

Or are you just taking it in for fun? Everyone I know never takes their car in for service. Why do YOU? Maybe you just like to pay for things you don't need.

As to "Easter eggs", why is that a "serious problem"? Never been a problem on my car. Never worry about them. Car works great, software works great on center screen. Don't need to worry about Easter eggs.

You ought to try running your car for four years without taking it in for service. Use the money to take a friend out to dinner or something. Or put it in the bank.

Service is not an achilles heel, not in any way. You are flat wrong. There is no service. Tesla will happily give you an appointment, keep your car all day, and return it to you at the end of the work day, and even charge you so you will be happy. Personally I'm happy without the folderol, the getting my car to the service center (115 miles), leaving it, coming back, paying for nothing.

I can deal with doing without service!
So, what is that buried in your message. :D

Tesla cannot be compared to a typical OEM. They do things different and will continue to make waves in the automotive world. Some people just cant or wont deal with change very well.

• Disagree
Reactions: thenaimis
Tesla cannot be compared to a typical OEM. They do things different and will continue to make waves in the automotive world. Some people just cant or wont deal with change very well.

That may in fact be true that some people can't or won't deal with change very well. Tesla just better hope that their customers do because ya know.... they kind of need customers to have a sustainable business.

• Funny
Reactions: P100D_Me