Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low coolant but no code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, it's my turn...no error code, but just a message on the dash itself that came and went. No other visual hint (ie no error code on the main screen, no exclamation point etc). The initial message appeared when I was parked on a slight slope, so I am tempted to believe that it's just the coolant level being low due to evaporation as opposed a system leak. This is on a 2016 Model S with 90k miles on it.

I have an estimate of about $700 to change the 3-way and 4-way valves which I need to approve before bringing the car in, as always, but in this case, I am not too eager to approve it until I know more. I realize they may revise the estimate down, but I would love for them to top up the level first before hitting me with that amount. Not that I trust them or anything...

Any suggestion?

Reactions: Raroia
I agree that in normal troubleshooting order: start with simplest scenario and work your way up... I would like to see an attempt to fill first unless they can visually identify evidence of a leak

Still no message on mine and I thought for sure I would get the message during the winter with contraction due to low temperatures...