TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lower black trim not flush with car

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MrFusion, Sep 25, 2019.

1. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

Another item I didn’t catch at delivery. Looks like in one area the lower black plastic trim piece isn’t flush with the bottom of the car. Is this common? Easy fix?

[​IMG]

2. al503

al503 Member

I had the same thing happen. Just place your hand/palm under it and tap it up with your other hand. It'll snap back into place.

• Like x 1
  3. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  4. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

Looks like it’s doing the same thing closer to the ends right where it meets the front and rear wheel wells but it won’t tap in in those locations. I can actually see the plastic clip in the wheel well that attaches it move up and down so maybe it’s just not a very tight tolerance part.

5. jackhodges

jackhodges Member

Same issue with mine that I didn't catch or may have happened at any point. A couple of quick palm open whacks and it has been good to go for months now.

6. Visionary

Visionary Member

Had the same issue on both sides of my car. Luckily a few hits with my fist and they popped back in