Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower seating position compared to other sedans?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was having a conversation with someone about how for a car so heavy, the Model 3 is surprisingly fun to drive. So I know a big part of why the car handles so well is because of the low center of gravity with the battery, leading to Boxster like weight distribution, but I’ve read a few posts on her where people talk about the low seating position. The Lotus Elise always comes to mind as a perfect example as a car where normal street speeds are so much fun because you sit so low to the ground.

This is my first ever sedan, I’ve only had small hatchbacks before (Mini and Fiat), but I don’t find myself feeling lower than usual in the car, in fact, I often feel high. Is this just context on what other car you’re coming from, or is the seating position in the Model 3 in fact lower than other sedans?

Was having a conversation with someone about how for a car so heavy, the Model 3 is surprisingly fun to drive. So I know a big part of why the car handles so well is because of the low center of gravity with the battery, leading to Boxster like weight distribution, but I’ve read a few posts on her where people talk about the low seating position. The Lotus Elise always comes to mind as a perfect example as a car where normal street speeds are so much fun because you sit so low to the ground.

This is my first ever sedan, I’ve only had small hatchbacks before (Mini and Fiat), but I don’t find myself feeling lower than usual in the car, in fact, I often feel high. Is this just context on what other car you’re coming from, or is the seating position in the Model 3 in fact lower than other sedans?
I think the seating position is actually a little higher than a normal sedan. You're sitting on top the battery...