Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my unplugged performance comfort coilovers installed today and am pretty happy with the outcome. Before and after shots attached.
20230224_141010-COLLAGE.jpg
It's on the lowest height setting with both coilovers front and back set to 16. Drive feels similar to stock performance maybe slightly smoother. Now just have to test feasibility of ramps, driveways and speed bumps. Drove home today and no issues over some minor ramps and speed bumps. Will test more this weekend.

Reactions: K1LLU4 and yellowr6
Personally, as far as form goes... I think the "stock" height of the Performance model looks good to me. I may lower mine a bit more in the future, depending on how bad it is for my elderly passenger to get in/out of the MYP. But even then, I might only go another half inch to an inch on top of the MYP's half inch lower then MYLR.

Your setting makes it look like the suspension springs all broke. Not my thing.

But hey, you do you.

Personally, as far as form goes... I think the "stock" height of the Performance model looks good to me. I may lower mine a bit more in the future, depending on how bad it is for my elderly passenger to get in/out of the MYP. But even then, I might only go another half inch to an inch on top of the MYP's half inch lower then MYLR.

Your setting makes it look like the suspension springs all broke. Not my thing.

But hey, you do you.
Yeah I can see how it might have the broken suspension look. I think spacers or wider rims would help that a lot.

Reactions: nate704
Just a headsup tho.

If u have any issues with suspension, wheels or anything around the suspension, tesla will be warranty it.

So keep ur stock parts. I would not bring in the car with aftermarket parts and let them see it. They will denied ur warranty. It’s BS but I get why.