Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered with Unplugged lowering brackets. UPDATE: Problem Resolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plasti Dip. I need to redo it after this winter, but the finished product looks amazing for $12 vs. $1200-$1500 for vinyl. Dipyourcar on youtube does a Tesla Model S, if you want to see how easy it is.

If you take your time it will come out looking perfect. I took my car into Tesla service and they commented on it and said it looks better than some vinyl jobs they seen and couldn't believe it was Plasti dip. I put a gloss finish at the end, since there is a Plasti dip that is gloss only.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nice I'll give it a shot, even on your door handles? How is that holding up?

I just had Unplugged install them on my car. The car actually looks bad ass and front to rear is level.

However, might be too low for me to live with. Was hoping for a 1 to 1 1/4 inch drop, but it's definitely more than an 1 1/2 inches. Unfortunately, there's only a 1/4" difference between Low and Standard, so don't help much. High is actually OK for me, but you can only drive 45 MPH then it goes down and stays there. May end up taking them off.

To the OP, sounds like your car is older car?? P85D? So, 2014 or 2015?

Two things......that """"MIGHT""""" help you.....

One.. my car came out level.But my car is new. I spoke to the owner at Unplugged. He said that basically a tiny 2 MM adjustment of the bracket pretty much makes all the difference. The amount the bracket moves is amplified way over in the actual lowering of the car. Meaning 2MM on the bracket equals 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch of ride height travel. Possibly just try loosening the bolts on the rear brackets and holding the bracket up against the screw/bolt and tighten it back down. (For the rear). Not sure which way you would need to go, but that tiny bit of wiggle room between the hole and bolt might make the difference based on how they explained it to me. Just a thought. They put them on for me, so I can't speak firsthand. But figured I'd share just in case.

Second...My older P90D air suspension always sagged in the back compared to the front. Rear sat lower than the front. I fought with Tesla for months about it and it just slowly got worse. Finally had it moved up the chain as they kept blowing me off saying it was "within tolerances" and wouldn't do anything. Possibly your car was the same before the change. Anyway, after fighting with them for months, they finally did a re calibration and the car magically leveled out. Was all software related. They did it in about 5 minutes, once the finally agreed to do it. So I could call them and tell them "so and so" from Fremont told me to call and ask my service center to calibrate the air suspension settings to level out the car.

Now, Tesla may not touch it with the brackets on, If #1 above doesn't work, then you could take them off.put the stock ones back on. Then ask Tesla to calibrate it, via computer settings (nothing mechanical). That should level out the car. Putting the UP brackets back on then should result in it staying level from that point. ???

You might know if your car did what mine was doing (sagging in back, compared to the front? If so, Would try that route. Then put your brackets back on. after Tesla calibrates them. Unplugged had mine on the car and me on my way within 45 minutes. I may take them off, or see if I can get 1 MM of movement on the bolts to try and get the car up 1/1 inch more on ride height.

Just a thought. Hope it helps, speaking from Tesla's experience of commonly having a saggy ass!

Best of luck to you!

I just had Unplugged install them on my car. The car actually looks bad ass and front to rear is level.

However, might be too low for me to live with. Was hoping for a 1 to 1 1/4 inch drop, but it's definitely more than an 1 1/2 inches. Unfortunately, there's only a 1/4" difference between Low and Standard, so don't help much. High is actually OK for me, but you can only drive 45 MPH then it goes down and stays there. May end up taking them off.

To the OP, sounds like your car is older car?? P85D? So, 2014 or 2015?

Two things......that """"MIGHT""""" help you.....

One.. my car came out level.But my car is new. I spoke to the owner at Unplugged. He said that basically a tiny 2 MM adjustment of the bracket pretty much makes all the difference. The amount the bracket moves is amplified way over in the actual lowering of the car. Meaning 2MM on the bracket equals 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch of ride height travel. Possibly just try loosening the bolts on the rear brackets and holding the bracket up against the screw/bolt and tighten it back down. (For the rear). Not sure which way you would need to go, but that tiny bit of wiggle room between the hole and bolt might make the difference based on how they explained it to me. Just a thought. They put them on for me, so I can't speak firsthand. But figured I'd share just in case.

Second...My older P90D air suspension always sagged in the back compared to the front. Rear sat lower than the front. I fought with Tesla for months about it and it just slowly got worse. Finally had it moved up the chain as they kept blowing me off saying it was "within tolerances" and wouldn't do anything. Possibly your car was the same before the change. Anyway, after fighting with them for months, they finally did a re calibration and the car magically leveled out. Was all software related. They did it in about 5 minutes, once the finally agreed to do it. So I could call them and tell them "so and so" from Fremont told me to call and ask my service center to calibrate the air suspension settings to level out the car.

Now, Tesla may not touch it with the brackets on, If #1 above doesn't work, then you could take them off.put the stock ones back on. Then ask Tesla to calibrate it, via computer settings (nothing mechanical). That should level out the car. Putting the UP brackets back on then should result in it staying level from that point. ???

You might know if your car did what mine was doing (sagging in back, compared to the front? If so, Would try that route. Then put your brackets back on. after Tesla calibrates them. Unplugged had mine on the car and me on my way within 45 minutes. I may take them off, or see if I can get 1 MM of movement on the bolts to try and get the car up 1/1 inch more on ride height.

Just a thought. Hope it helps, speaking from Tesla's experience of commonly having a saggy ass!

Best of luck to you!

I had the rear sensor pointing up not down on my reinstall. When I fixed that it leveled out and sits perfectly.

I would just strongly recommend spraying the bolts on the sensors connected to the brackets with WD-40 before removing.

I posted a picture earlier with the fixed rear and 22’s.

Plasti Dip. I need to redo it after this winter, but the finished product looks amazing for $12 vs. $1200-$1500 for vinyl. Dipyourcar on youtube does a Tesla Model S, if you want to see how easy it is.

If you take your time it will come out looking perfect. I took my car into Tesla service and they commented on it and said it looks better than some vinyl jobs they seen and couldn't believe it was Plasti dip. I put a gloss finish at the end, since there is a Plasti dip that is gloss only.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I know this is an old post but wanted to ask what your wheel setup 21 or 22, offset, tire size etc.. TIA