Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs for 2021 M3P

Which Springs

• Eibach

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Unplugged Performance

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Tsportline

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good into thanks.

I actually have a ton of tools: 1/4,3/8, 1/2" sockets, multiple ratchets, torque wrenches (just picked up a nice new 1/2"), extensions, multiple set of wrenches, lots of specialized stuff like pulley removers, O2 sockets, etc., ramps, good stands, a solid 3 ton jack. I've done major stuff like heads/cam on an LSx, a few set of headers, a full coilover install. I occasionally borrowed things like a QuickJack or engine hoist as needed.

I hear you about the quality of work. I was in a time pinch to get some new rotors on for a track event (for my Z06), had the local Chevy place do it, holy f-in heck, when I did a pad check at the end of the first day, one of the calipers had a finger loose bolt. That was it for track prep type service, it was all me from that day forward (also learned how to do my own track alignments in the garage).

I guess at this point, it's a mix of time, laziness, umm, old guy aches and pains, hahahaha, the upside is I work from home, have a garage, we have two cars so I wouldn't even have to be in much of a rush. If I took a whole day on each corner, that would be fine.

OK,maybe I'll plan my week-of-pain :D

Ha ha I think we're in similar shape on this stuff. Capable, have the tools, have the extra vehicle, no longer really enjoy working on stuff but don't trust others to.
Working from home definitely helps. I was able to do the shop prep the day before on my lunch break. Tools, stands, cleared off space, etc...

Reactions: whenryb
so what is the verdict? Currently I have unplugged moderate springs in my car which if you check the unplugged site are not for performance, boneheads did this before I got the car. Car handles great, but every damn speed bump is ridiculous. Considering swapping out. Was thinking H&R springs, but not sure, I ideally want something that isn't going to bottom out on everything, maybe something that can actually get through a car wash should I not want to wash myself.

so what is the verdict? Currently I have unplugged moderate springs in my car which if you check the unplugged site are not for performance, boneheads did this before I got the car. Car handles great, but every damn speed bump is ridiculous. Considering swapping out. Was thinking H&R springs, but not sure, I ideally want something that isn't going to bottom out on everything, maybe something that can actually get through a car wash should I not want to wash myself.

your asking the wrong question... can you go thru a car wash... who knows, can you??

The question you should be asking is clearance. ask people to measure the guard heights for you and compare it to what you currently have now.

Reactions: weaksquad
your asking the wrong question... can you go thru a car wash... who knows, can you??

The question you should be asking is clearance. ask people to measure the guard heights for you and compare it to what you currently have now.
I know I can't go through the car wash which is why I'm asking others if they can, plus wondering what the best springs are at the moment.

I know I can't go through the car wash which is why I'm asking others if they can, plus wondering what the best springs are at the moment.
Your still asking the wrong question..... not everyone here uses the same car wash as yourself.

All car washes differ, some have speed bumps some dont. Some have steep driveways some dont.

You still need to be asking about clearance. Go measure the height from the ground to the top of you guard and ask if others can do the same with eibachs and H&Rs and see if they are higher then yours, thats how you will know if you can get over the speed bumps to your car wash.

Reactions: weaksquad

I've lowered quite a few cars, as I mentioned, springs, springs+shocks/struts, adjustable coilovers, and from my perspective, the TSportline seem to be a good compromise of ride quality and lowered ride height.

If I go springs-only, I'm almost assuredly going with the TSportline product. Then I've very likely swap out these 235/35 for some 255/35, and use some 5mm slip-on spacers on the rear.

I've lowered quite a few cars, as I mentioned, springs, springs+shocks/struts, adjustable coilovers, and from my perspective, the TSportline seem to be a good compromise of ride quality and lowered ride height.

If I go springs-only, I'm almost assuredly going with the TSportline product. Then I've very likely swap out these 235/35 for some 255/35, and use some 5mm slip-on spacers on the rear.
I may very well go with those. Its just the 750 install fee keeps me questioning if its worth it to not hit some bumps and such. Tires also can't be aligned correctly the way it is which is another concern, With the T Sportline, can you still align the car?

I may very well go with those. Its just the 750 install fee keeps me questioning if its worth it to not hit some bumps and such. Tires also can't be aligned correctly the way it is which is another concern, With the T Sportline, can you still align the car?
The potential to hit bump stops are there regardless of which lowering spring. It is possible with stock spring, which is why there are there to begin with.

Lowering springs have nothing to do with the ability to align the vehicles. They all have the same limitations as stock where camber is set. Even coil-overs have the same issue. The only way to be able to completely align the vehicle is to add adjustable camber arms at a minimum.

If you are concerned with spending $750 on he install and it curing hitting bump stops, I would suggest to live with what you have or go back to stock springs.

Or prepare for paying noticeably more and get MPP, or similar, coilovers with adjustable camber arms. All said and done, you will be at about $3000 minimum. But will be a great set up and likely what I will go to one day.

The potential to hit bump stops are there regardless of which lowering spring. It is possible with stock spring, which is why there are there to begin with.

Lowering springs have nothing to do with the ability to align the vehicles. They all have the same limitations as stock where camber is set. Even coil-overs have the same issue. The only way to be able to completely align the vehicle is to add adjustable camber arms at a minimum.

If you are concerned with spending $750 on he install and it curing hitting bump stops, I would suggest to live with what you have or go back to stock springs.

Or prepare for paying noticeably more and get MPP, or similar, coilovers with adjustable camber arms. All said and done, you will be at about $3000 minimum. But will be a great set up and likely what I will go to one day.
I was talking about hitting speed bumps or any other bump in the road since the car is so low. And on mine, the car is so low, it is affecting the angle of the wheels without enough adjustment so its wearing away the inner tires.

I was talking about hitting speed bumps or any other bump in the road since the car is so low. And on mine, the car is so low, it is affecting the angle of the wheels without enough adjustment so its wearing away the inner tires.

You asked:

With the T Sportline, can you still align the car?

I answered that it was irrelevant of which spring, if you could or couldn't align (camber is the main issue). Now you have deferred to speed bumps again?

As I mentioned, you may be best off going back to the stock springs.

You asked:

I answered that it was irrelevant of which spring, if you could or couldn't align (camber is the main issue). Now you have deferred to speed bumps again?

As I mentioned, you may be best off going back to the stock springs.
camber is directly affected by the how low the car is, that is why I was asking if the car can be aligned on other springs.

Correct on the camber. However, there is no camber adjustment so the spring choice is irrelevant to being able to. To be able to adjust the camber, you must install aftermarket adjustable camber arms.
Yes, so my point was, at the height of the Tsportline springs, I guess the better question is, does the car stay reasonably in spec because with how low mine sits it doesn't.

What are you using for springs?
TSportLine - Performance

Yes, so my point was, at the height of the Tsportline springs, I guess the better question is, does the car stay reasonably in spec because with how low mine sits it doesn't.

From my understanding, you have UP Moderate springs? In reading their site, it lists a 1.5 inch drop all around. Tsportline are 1/1.2 inches front/rear. H&R are 1.2 all around. By this information, the Tsportline springs would give you about a half inch additional clearance at the front from you currently have.

I am a bit surprised at you hitting so much. I have a steep driveway that has destroyed front apron spoilers on other cars (I hear one of my daughters coming and going in her Volt with the rubber apron dragging on the driveway). I was worried that the front apron spoiler on my M3P would scrape with the Eibach springs I just installed, It hasn't scraped once. I need to get one of my daughters to pull down in my car and let me watch to see what the clearance actually is.

the moderate springs from my understanding are not made for a performance, I believe they are made for RWD maybe so I believe they are dropping the car way more down than normal because of added weight. Even going slow as possible on some speedbumps I still bang the metal bars in the front.