Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redeemed 1500 Referral Credits for Charging - But Tesla still bills my credit card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I referred TESLA to a friend who then purchased a model three, and indicated I had been the referral. TESLA did issue 2000 loyalty points to me and they showed up in the loot box. Then, I redeemed 1500 of these 2000 points for fast charging.

I just assumed that Tesla would start using these 1500 points every time I went to a supercharger.

But that did not happen. Instead, they continue to bill my credit card. I have spent several hours searching the Net for an answer to this, and I've asked lots of TESLA owners, but no one knows why this is happening or how I can correct it

If you know, I would be in your debt to know how to correct this. Thanks!

Did you ask Tesla?
I did not try to because I thought it was impossible to reach an actual knowledgeable human being at Tesla. But, that turned out to be wrong. I took your advice, and I called the customer service number and finally after a 15 minute hold, did get to an actual human being. Enrique. He was patient and very helpful, though it took him a while to figure it out. In the end, though, the solution was actually in the Tesla app in a section I had failed to discover, even though I thought I'd been to every place on that app. It was buried, but did provide all my charging sessions including five or six that were "free".

Here is solution: Select Profile, then Account, then Charging, then History. There I could see that I was not charged for any charging in July 2023. Shows up as free.

Upvote 0