Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model 3 RWD inventory purchase questions regarding Loot credits and 3 months of unlimited Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our new inventory Model 3 RWD using our own referral link (self referral) on Jun 17th and picked up the car on June 22 which currently only show 3500 loyalty credits. According to the Tesla showroom rep, I was under the impression there would also be 1500 buyer credits. Has anyone received both loyalty and buyer credits? How long before the three months of unlimited Supercharging shows up in the Tesla app?

Thanks Very much in advance for any insight regarding my questions
Regards

Mine was there the day I picked it up last Friday. It doesnt show anything special just go to the app under specs and warranty it shows up there and its free when you charge. Seems like folks are expecting a big announcement to show. You dont get credits.

My sister's was enabled the day she picked up the car but the rep also told her July 21st. I'm having issues with the referral credits not splitting either0 Regarding the Free supercharging my sister was confused when they said it would activate on 7/21 as well, but when I went into the account I saw this show up:

1688669524684.png

My son is laws MY was picked up yesterday and he got the credit on the contract and the 3 free months of FSD that was just offered. But my referral credits still haven’t shown up in my account as of yet.

to note this showed up in the car section with details of what your car comes with.

My son is laws MY was picked up yesterday and he got the credit on the contract and the 3 free months of FSD that was just offered. But my referral credits still haven’t shown up in my account as of yet.

to note this showed up in the car section with details of what your car comes with.

So he used your referral code to purchase a Tesla. Is your son-in-law already a Tesla owner? Given you are already a Tesla owner, from the Tesla FAQ statement below, maybe this is what is going on?

"If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for the cash awards and exclusive referral benefits for buyers, nor will the referrer qualify for referral credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the owner automatically earns loyalty benefits."

I did a Self Referral when I purchased our Model 3 last month and only received 3500 loyalty credits. I did NOT receive any additional buyer/referrer credits, not sure if any owner/self referral has??? In my case doing an owner self referral was basically a noop. If I had placed the order while simply being logged into my Tesla account (which I was,) and not doing a Self Referral (which I did Self Refer) the outcome would have been the same 3500 points.

The Sales person implied I would get some additional Loot credits by doing a Self Referral over not doing so, which I did not. I was at the Tesla Sales/Service center last Friday, and none of the Sales associated knew where to look in the Tesla App to verify the start date of the three Months of Supercharging.

Last edited:
Have you looked in your Tesla app? Specifically, Opening your Tesla app, Clicking the profile Icon in the upper right corner of the app, then clicking "Refer and Earn"?

Tesla has an entire web page dedicated to this process, that was the first link when I google searched, "how to send a Tesla referral". Here is a link for it:

Have you looked in your Tesla app? Specifically, Opening your Tesla app, Clicking the profile Icon in the upper right corner of the app, then clicking "Refer and Earn"?

Tesla has an entire web page dedicated to this process, that was the first link when I google searched, "how to send a Tesla referral". Here is a link for it:

You can just relocate this question to the “how stupid are you” section. 😀

@jjrandorin - if you don’t mind a follow up question: is the $500 credit on the M3 available on “inventory” vehicle?

I dont know the specifics of that, but I would start with sending your family member your referral link and making sure that they click that link (and only that link) to start the ordering process. If you do anything else, they dont have a habit of adding anything retroactively.

Reactions: Mayer