Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD 2020 -- Included accessories and charging adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish Tesla did a better job of documenting what is included in the 50+ K purchase, so we know what essentials to buy and have for use after delivery.

For those who took delivery in the last few weeks, please confirm the following:

1. Nema 14-50 adapter is NOT included in the charging kit
2. No floor mats in the cabin
3. No floor mats in trunk and frunk

Anything else that was included until a few months ago but no longer included? Some of these are essential for some depending on how you plan to charge your car and your weather conditions.

I am confused about Item 2, no interior floor mats? According to their website, Interior floor mats are included with the premium interior. I have heard about no Nema 14-50 and no frunk/trunk mats, but the interior mats are news to me.

I wish Tesla did a better job of documenting what is included in the 50+ K purchase, so we know what essentials to buy and have for use after delivery.

For those who took delivery in the last few weeks, please confirm the following:

1. Nema 14-50 adapter is NOT included in the charging kit
2. No floor mats in the cabin
3. No floor mats in trunk and frunk

Anything else that was included until a few months ago but no longer included? Some of these are essential for some depending on how you plan to charge your car and your weather conditions.

You should receive floor mats in the premium interior. All be it carpet thin ones and I replaced anyways.

I bought the super liner set that came with frunk and trunk and below the trunk liners as well. I got them on a Black Friday pre sale.

Last edited:
I am confused about Item 2, no interior floor mats? According to their website, Interior floor mats are included with the premium interior. I have heard about no Nema 14-50 and no frunk/trunk mats, but the interior mats are news to me.
Mine came with floor mats. Two weeks ago today. They are awful but they came with interior floor mats

My bad. I meant all weather floor mats. I ended up ordering them from the Tesla shop so I can keep the interior clean in the rainy wet PNW weather.

In far earlier threads, to my recollection, NEMA 14-50s were concluded to be the wrong plug to be charging with. Do a search for NEMA 14-50. I do recall when they dropped them and that was about a year ago I think.

...what?

TONS of folks are using 14-50s, and they're still for sale at tesla.com

They simply stopped including them with the car to cut costs.

...what?

TONS of folks are using 14-50s, and they're still for sale at tesla.com

They simply stopped including them with the car to cut costs.

I also understand from people's posts that they may have supply on hand of the adapters and other accessories at the Owners Delivery Workshops.

Don't think the NEMA 14-50s were cut just for cost savings but because not necessarily being needed by everyone. A number of people are opting for an HWPC for a faster charge at home, and more Model 3 owners don't even have garages so will be using J1772 adapter at Level 2 chargers at work or around town. I think it makes more sense not to ship lots of items that don't get used (only use my J1772 that came with my kit and I had a full complement of adapters with my car back in Sept 2018). Tesla should reach out to new buyers before delivery to give them some suggestions for items that they might want to pick up ahead of time.

Last edited: