Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla weatherproof mats vs third party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYLR and planning accessories purchases. The very firsts item on my list are all-weather floor mats (Including trunk/frunk)
Was going to order OEM but then saw many 3rd party options.
What do you use and why?

I'm asking for options available for Canadians, without paying through the nose for shipping from the US.

Last edited:
Tesla mats are made by weathertech. Quality looks flimsy, so I didn’t go that route.

I went with lasfit mats (available on Amazon) after looking at lots of reviews on YouTube. They’re great fit/quality and reasonably priced. Only knock is the branding not being so subtle in white color font for the front seats.

Here are the links for the mats set and seat back protectors that I got:

https://a.co/d/f6v2b7O

Reactions: xcyber
Tesla mats are made by weathertech. Quality looks flimsy, so I didn’t go that route.

I went with lasfit mats (available on Amazon) after looking at lots of reviews on YouTube. They’re great fit/quality and reasonably priced. Only knock is the branding not being so subtle in white color font for the front seats.

Here are the links for the mats set and seat back protectors that I got:

https://a.co/d/f6v2b7O

I was all set to go with them then saw they have no back lip on the front mats, so if you have melted snow on the mat and drive uphill, you are going to get wet carpet according to one review. Seems like a bad design.

I’ve had these for almost 3 years. They look really good, much better than photos show. Heavy enough to stay in place, and backing makes them stay put. Pattern means it takes a LOT before they look dirty. Sand shakes off, dirt= pull em out and blast with the hose. People who you wouldn’t think would notice tell me how nice they look. No lip, so that’s a consideration if big liquid spills are an issue.
I've shared a Brand Store on Amazon with you. AUTAILORS: 5 SEAT TESLA MODEL Y

I went with the Tuxmat.. they are overkill, but with 2 kids, and Canadian winters hiking, snowboarding and generally hitting up logging roads... They're amazing. Full coverage, clean up easy, carpets and sidewall foot wells are in kokt condition underneath. Also did the 3Dmaxpider 7 seat trunk mat with velcro. Again, holds great and keeps it clean, even when you throw a dirty skateboard or snowboard back there. I also recommend getting the seat back leather covers if you have kids... And finally the rear seat side protectors, as the kids step in out on it and the carpet would get destroyed otherwise. Last thing is, get mudflaps, front and back. Tesla paint is thin... So keep it protected for our rock and salt winter road cover...good luck with your choice.

I went with the Tuxmat.. they are overkill, but with 2 kids, and Canadian winters hiking, snowboarding and generally hitting up logging roads... They're amazing. Full coverage, clean up easy, carpets and sidewall foot wells are in kokt condition underneath. Also did the 3Dmaxpider 7 seat trunk mat with velcro. Again, holds great and keeps it clean, even when you throw a dirty skateboard or snowboard back there. I also recommend getting the seat back leather covers if you have kids... And finally the rear seat side protectors, as the kids step in out on it and the carpet would get destroyed otherwise. Last thing is, get mudflaps, front and back. Tesla paint is thin... So keep it protected for our rock and salt winter road cover...good luck with your choice.
Thanks for the detailed response.

What is a rear seat side protector? I will be putting the rear mats. Is there something else? BTW mine is a 5 seater.

I may be too picky, but the horizontal raised ribs pattern in Tuxpat and others like it make my heel stick when I move my foot back and forth. I have decided to go with vertical rib pattern like in Lasfit

Reactions: BC-LR
Thanks for the detailed response.

What is a rear seat side protector? I will be putting the rear mats. Is there something else? BTW mine is a 5 seater.

I may be too picky, but the horizontal raised ribs pattern in Tuxpat and others like it make my heel stick when I move my foot back and forth. I have decided to go with vertical rib pattern like in Lasfit
The rear seat side protector... Like this spot (see image). Hopefully the Lasfit work for you. Sounds like you've thought about what will work best for ya.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326-183316.png
    Screenshot_20240326-183316.png
    495.4 KB · Views: 18