Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a BMW 530e plug in hybrid. I love the electric part and have known for 2 years my next car would be totally electric. My current is set to lease expires in mid June and was planning to wait until mid April to order a new M3. Because of the factory shutdown, delivery is now estimated at 8-12 weeks. Being nervous that I would not have a car when I turned in my BMW, I went online yesterday and placed an order for a 2020 M3 LR AWD. To my surprise, an hour after I placed the order, I received a call that they have my car. Picking it up this afternoon.

By the way, for those of you still eagerly waiting: you're probably aware that there have been some very exciting software updates in the last few months. It's also widely reported that Teslas are being delivered with old software. A week ago I took delivery of a lovely TM3 with 2019.20, which lacks a whole bunch of recent improvements. Hopefully within another week I'll be up to a more current release. I can't help but try to update it a few times per day, but it simply takes time. And there's no guarantee that when an update does arrive that it'll be the very latest.

So get ready to receive a car that doesn't, for example, automatically stop at intersections (or play Stardew Valley!). Switch your update preference to "advanced," realize that tapping it five times doesn't help, try to park where you have both LTE and WiFi coverage, and be ready to wait a week or two for your first software update.

Update statistics: Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope

Let us know how it goes! We ordered a P3D on 7/9. Flying to Phoenix from Roswell, NM to pickup at the Tempe location.
You're from Roswell? I think I've seen yours before, it's the only Model 3 I've spotted in red. They really are beautiful cars, and they stand out quite a bit next to the usual sedans I see here. I was hoping to test drive one out in Texas but the virus ruined that plan.