Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla story is nothing but frustration.

March 17 - Ordered White/White/AWD/18".

March 25 - I get an e-mail from Tesla with a tentative date:

Congratulations on your Model 3 order!

If you log into your My Tesla account, you will see you have a delivery date for this coming weekend. At this time, we are waiting for you to be assigned to a VIN, and this is a tentative appointment. We will reach out when we have a VIN assigned to you and confirm your delivery date.

Until then, please log into your account and complete any outstanding fields.

March 27 - Tesla calls me and offers me a Black/White/AWD/18" to meet my scheduled delivery date of March 29. I decline.

March 27 - I receive an e-mail from Tesla:

Congrats on your recent order!

At this time, we are waiting for your vehicle to arrive to XXXXXXX to prepare the car for delivery. As of right now, your vehicle will not arrive in time for tentatively scheduled appointment of March 29th, as such we will need to cancel your delivery appointment.

Your delivery advisor will reach out as soon as your vehicle arrives, at that time they will schedule an accurate appointment time for you.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please log into your Tesla account online and complete any outstanding items. This will minimize any delays along the way, and set us up for a seamless delivery!

Be sure to reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for your continued support in our vision of a more sustainable future!
March 30 - Tesla assigns me a VIN but it is a 2018 VIN and also with 19'' wheels I would have to pay to upgrade to. I ask for a price adjustment on the 2018 VIN.

April 4 - I get the price adjustment amount. It's not good enough for me. I decline and ask for a 2019 VIN.

April 10 - I notice a new VIN on my account and a delivery date of April 29th. Woo hoo!....but wait....

April 12 - I sell my old car in a private sale.

April 15 - I notice that my account and Tesla App that the picture of the car is different, it has 19 inch wheels - the 2018 VIN that was assigned to me prior changed my config without my authorization, so now my new VIN is for a White/White/AWD/19" (basically the 2018 VIN build was added to my account). I ask about it and they confirm my build was changed and needs to be changed back to one with 18''. I lose the 2019 VIN assigned to me.

April 24 - Follow up asking for an update.

April 25 - Get an update that the white seats are taking longer to produce.

May 2 - Follow up again as well as asking for other options available to me (at this point, I am desperate, I sold my car April 12th, so I don't have a car now).

May 3 - No update on my build, presented with some other options which are completely different.

Today - The waiting game continues...

I’m sorry you’ve gone through all this. I had a few issues myself which prolonged my order date. But be stay patient, it’ll all be worth it once it comes.

My Tesla story so far...

Bit the bullet and ordered a LR AWD midnight silver with white interior on 05/04 (May the force be with us!!!)

No update as of yet!! Has anyone ordered this spec? If so what wait time?? Thanks!!
The white interiors are vastly delayed. There have only been a handful of deliveries in the last month. Check out the white interior thread on this very forum.

The white interiors are vastly delayed. There have only been a handful of deliveries in the last month. Check out the white interior thread on this very forum.

I just called Santa Barbara Tesla who said the car left the factory a few days ago (build date 05/05). Delivery is scheduled on 05/10. I'm super excited/thankful I didn't have to wait as long as some other people on here.

I had a look this morning and my Tesla account hadn't updated, no VIN. After this phone call - account miraculously updated.

I guess it pays to call.

I just called Santa Barbara Tesla who said the car left the factory a few days ago (build date 05/05). Delivery is scheduled on 05/10. I'm super excited/thankful I didn't have to wait as long as some other people on here.

I had a look this morning and my Tesla account hadn't updated, no VIN. After this phone call - account miraculously updated.

I guess it pays to call.
Wow, congratulations! I'm pretty jealous!! Going to call my store lol.

Ordered a black LR AWD on 4/29 ~9pm, only option selected was FSD. Received the coordination email 7:18am the next morning!

Matched up with a vin at 3:30pm on 4/30.

Delivery was available on 5/8 but I am out of town so we rescheduled.

On my way to my delivery appointment this morning! I’m ridiculously excited. :)

LR AWD, Blue/White, FSD, 18” Aeros. Ordered 4/30, site said two weeks, advisor said it would be more like 4-6 weeks. Settled in for the wait, but got my delivery notice and VIN on 5/5, and here I am 10 days after ordering, picking it up.

I feel really lucky, considering the wait some people have had. I hope this means production is picking back up for North America after the big load of deliveries for Europe. My advisor said there was a large batch of cars recently, mostly headed to the east coast, but they managed to divert one my way (Portland, OR area).

Reactions: ColoradoFun
Question: weeks ago (April 23rd) I made an update to my vehicle to go from RWD to AWD. Under the "Completed Tasks" tab on my Tesla account, all the information is correct about my car details and loan details. But on the "Next Steps" for the Loan Agreement, when I click the blue "Review and Sign" button, it seems to be all the details from the old RWD car and the VIN. I called Tesla to tell them the information is incorrect and they told me two things.

1) You don't have to sign that loan agreement until delivery
2) The loan agreement will auto-update when you get assigned a VIN

By not signing this, could it be causing my delay? or is everything fine and I'm just in the waiting game now?

Build: White/White/FSD/18"/AWD

Question: weeks ago (April 23rd) I made an update to my vehicle to go from RWD to AWD. Under the "Completed Tasks" tab on my Tesla account, all the information is correct about my car details and loan details. But on the "Next Steps" for the Loan Agreement, when I click the blue "Review and Sign" button, it seems to be all the details from the old RWD car and the VIN. I called Tesla to tell them the information is incorrect and they told me two things.

1) You don't have to sign that loan agreement until delivery
2) The loan agreement will auto-update when you get assigned a VIN

By not signing this, could it be causing my delay? or is everything fine and I'm just in the waiting game now?

Build: White/White/FSD/18"/AWD

The white interior seems to be constrained; that's what's likely holding you up. I ordered a White/Black/FSD/18"/AWD in April and took delivery within 2 weeks. If I had chosen the white interior, I suspect I'd still be waiting ...

Just ordered my LR AWD MSM/Black, 18' areo, no FSD.
Was told two weeks, but I've believe that when I see it.

Keep us updated...or at least enter info in tracker as it comes. For MSM it could be quick..

FWIW I order MSM/black/19" sport on March 9th and was matched to a 2019 VIN within 2 hours.... The catch was I was on the phone with Tesla corporate at same time saying I didn't want a car until June..

So they just took that car off my account and have me set up for a June 1st VIN match.

It's been a long 2 months waiting but I'm in the home stretch now!!