Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been searching the inventory but it looks like the awd models with black interior are are all sold at this point. Hopefully the car shows up before the deadline..

Yeah that's true. I ended up getting the white and 19" sports wheels which were both things I didn't want to pay extra for and I also didn't get the color I wanted (blue). I think they stock up on the more pimped out ones hoping people like me will panic and pull the trigger.

Still, if you think about it, it's cheaper to get the white interior and get the full tax refund then get the black and get it late.

Yeah that's true. I ended up getting the white and 19" sports wheels which were both things I didn't want to pay extra for and I also didn't get the color I wanted (blue). I think they stock up on the more pimped out ones hoping people like me will panic and pull the trigger.

Still, if you think about it, it's cheaper to get the white interior and get the full tax refund then get the black and get it late.

Thats certainly one way to look at it. I would worry about ruining the white seats as I am always working on something and not exactly careful. Also do not want to pay more for the 19" wheels since the smaller ones delivery a smoother ride over bad roads and I am not going to be tracking the thing. I am willing to fly somewhere and drive one home if I find a stock one. Do they just refund your deposit when you pull the trigger on another one?

Thats certainly one way to look at it. I would worry about ruining the white seats as I am always working on something and not exactly careful. Also do not want to pay more for the 19" wheels since the smaller ones delivery a smoother ride over bad roads and I am not going to be tracking the thing. I am willing to fly somewhere and drive one home if I find a stock one. Do they just refund your deposit when you pull the trigger on another one?

So there are two options there:
1) You can order an existing inventory one and then cancel your other order which will eventually be refunded. Not sure how long.
2) If you can get ahold of your salesperson quickly enough, they can switch you over to the other order. That's what I was able to do.

The other advantage of option 2 is that just because it shows in existing inventory does not mean it is actually at the store yet. In my case there were actually 2 identical cars shown as existing inventory. One was on site and about to be detailed. The other was 'in transit'. Because I went through my salesperson, I was able to get the one that would be ready to pick up the next day instead of possibly a week later. But, the risk is that they might be so swamped they don't get your message in time. Especially with 13 days till D-Day.

Pm me let's see if we can trade..... I've got a hw3 with homelink, white, white interior and 19's.. I really just want a blue car.

Where did yo get the odometer reading from? I've heard 50 is just a default until someone actually checks the mileage.
That's true. Ours had the same less than 50 miles statement. This way they can mass print an entire shipment without having to go through one at a time. The actual # was only 6. Indeed a highway virgin but driven around a few large lots. Not a worry and nothing that bothered me at all.

So there are two options there:
1) You can order an existing inventory one and then cancel your other order which will eventually be refunded. Not sure how long.
2) If you can get ahold of your salesperson quickly enough, they can switch you over to the other order. That's what I was able to do.

The other advantage of option 2 is that just because it shows in existing inventory does not mean it is actually at the store yet. In my case there were actually 2 identical cars shown as existing inventory. One was on site and about to be detailed. The other was 'in transit'. Because I went through my salesperson, I was able to get the one that would be ready to pick up the next day instead of possibly a week later. But, the risk is that they might be so swamped they don't get your message in time. Especially with 13 days till D-Day.

Thanks for the advice. One popped up in New Jersey ( I am in Richmond, VA) and I put a deposit on it. My OA was not available as the dealership was closed, so I called one in Arizona and he assured me my first deposit on a special order car would be credited towards the inventory car. This car was exactly the same build as the one I had ordered so I will fly to NJ Friday and pick up my new car. Excited to save a week getting my car and definitely getting the tax credit!

Reactions: SMAlset
Thanks for the advice. One popped up in New Jersey ( I am in Richmond, VA) and I put a deposit on it. My OA was not available as the dealership was closed, so I called one in Arizona and he assured me my first deposit on a special order car would be credited towards the inventory car. This car was exactly the same build as the one I had ordered so I will fly to NJ Friday and pick up my new car. Excited to save a week getting my car and definitely getting the tax credit!

Congratulations! Not sure how far of a drive that is, make sure they give it to you 90% charged if possible. Mine was only about 60% but then, I only had a 20 mile drive home.

I ordered my MSM/White Interior LR AWD w/18" wheels on Father's Day (6/16 - two weeks and a day from 6/30 rebate step down). No VIN yet or other updates on the account. I called the local WA state Service Center and asked about the "...within two weeks" delivery date as I'm concerned about it being late and not getting the full $3750 rebate. The OA said delivery should be within the two week window and that it only took a "few days" to get from CA, to WA, once a VIN was assigned; but that response didn't give me much comfort... Thoughts? Any other WA state buyer's out there that could comment on their experience?

I ordered my MSM/White Interior LR AWD w/18" wheels on Father's Day (6/16 - two weeks and a day from 6/30 rebate step down). No VIN yet or other updates on the account. I called the local WA state Service Center and asked about the "...within two weeks" delivery date as I'm concerned about it being late and not getting the full $3750 rebate. The OA said delivery should be within the two week window and that it only took a "few days" to get from CA, to WA, once a VIN was assigned; but that response didn't give me much comfort... Thoughts? Any other WA state buyer's out there that could comment on their experience?

My delivery center told me they were guaranteeing delivery to people who placed it on the 16th. Anything beyond that they were telling people maybe. I ordered but kept checking inventory several and I mean several times a day and one matching what I wanted happened to show up and I am picking it up on Friday. I would suggest keeping an eye out here https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php and see if anything shows up in inventory. They seem to update on the hour and 5-6 PM eastern seems to have the biggest influx of inventory showing up. You can have your delivery center assign the VIN to your account and you'll be good to go.