TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LR AWD Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tperugia, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Aphelion_Blue

Aphelion_Blue New Member

I ordered my LR AWD Model 3 on 14 Aug, and although the order process was very easy, from my cell phones browser, since then I've had to call the service centre in Calgary many times just to figure out things such as my trade-in which still shows as pending.

I finally got an email on Sat saying that they should have my car by the end of the week, then it will take 1 - 2 more weeks for them to ship it to Winnipeg.

That means that I should have it by the latest on 27 Sep if everything works out. We'll see if that is the case. Not bad for an original delivery estimate of within two weeks of the order...

2. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

Ordered black-in-white LR AWD 18" on 20 August. Only recently has the site changed to indicate that paperwork is now being drawn up. Hopefully that means a VIN soon.

3. nat.dat

nat.dat New Member

Ordered White on White AWD LR with 19" sports wheels on August 30, bay area, no VIN, no updates.

4. bdelrizzo

bdelrizzo Member

I just checked my account and a VIN has magically appeared! No text yet and my SA doesn't have any guidance as to when to expect delivery. For the record, I ordered on 8/3, White on White, FSD, 18 Aero. This wait has been unbearable, made worse by lack of proper communication from anyone. I'm trying to wipe that distaste from my overall experience.

5. Stomsf

Stomsf Member

Congrats @bdelrizzo !! I spoke to the Inside Delivery team today in SF and they said I won't be getting a VIN/delivery until the end of the month. :( Sucks to wait and I lose out on the Labor Day Rate promotion at my Credit Union, but c'est la vie.

6. Chrisalves85

Chrisalves85 Member

I just got a call from my SA, she said there hasn't been any white model 3's to match me with but was confident I will be getting mine by the end of the month. Ordered on 8/12 white with black interior LR AWD no FSD 18" aero in San Diego.

7. nat.dat

nat.dat New Member

Was this on the source page or on the actual webpage?

8. bdelrizzo

bdelrizzo Member

Source page. I'm waiting on my SA to provide an actual delivery update.

9. nat.dat

nat.dat New Member

Has this been updated on the actual account webpage? How long did it take??

10. soulreaver99

soulreaver99 Member

Ordered on 9/8 (missed the 2000 mile super charger referral by a few days, oh well) - White, AWD, Black Interior, 18" aero.

Today I emailed the delivery manager on when I will get my VIN, she said delivery is looking to be 3-4 weeks here in Austin but hopefully will get here sooner.

Sales rep asks me if I want to buy an LR AWD Gray which currently available locally. $1000 more and not the color I want. Nope!

Will wait it out a bit.

11. Hugoodlu

Hugoodlu Member

Is your delivery manager Alex by chance?

12. XLR82XS

XLR82XS Member

Same as my order. I was 2.5 weeks total - you should be getting an update soon.

13. bdelrizzo

bdelrizzo Member

Nope, not yet. Will keep ya posted.

14. soulreaver99

soulreaver99 Member

no it was Alyssa

15. DevilsemBuck7

DevilsemBuck7 Member

Purchased LR AWD White with Black Int. 18" Aero on September 5. Miraculously had a VIN / delivery date 3 days later and that went away today and now the wait begins. The salesperson at the Tesla store did let me know it'd probably take a month and a half or so. Can't wait!

16. reginaphalange

LR AWD, MSM, Black interior, 18" Aero, FSD
    Ordered 8/26
    Neurotically hitting refresh. Local SA said we should get a VIN this week (Colorado). Nothing in source code yet.

• Funny x 1
  17. Stomsf

Stomsf Member

@bdelrizzo just curious, when your VIN showed up did your manage page change; i.e. did your "request a change" option disappear?

18. bdelrizzo

bdelrizzo Member

Hi. Just checked. No. It's still there!

19. SnoTropper

SnoTropper Member

M3 AWD White on white with 19" w/ FSD
    Ordered 8/24
    Got a text today to schedule delivery. Delivery scheduled for 9/13! When I called last week they said Colorado and Arizona should be getting shipments thoughtout this week and next week. I was skeptical but it sounds right!

20. SnoTropper

SnoTropper Member

I ordered 2 days before you AWD White on white and I'm getting delivery this Friday. I live in Colorado as well.