Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a word to all to hang in there, the LR AWD M3 is so worth it. Although we have no snow in Hawaii, I wanted the extra performance from AWD and am so happy with the vehicle. When I received the over-the-air 5% increase in power last week, I decided to see if I could tell the difference, and I certainly could, as its acceleration from slow highway speeds to higher highway speeds is remarkable. Be glad you don't have to wait for your vehicle to arrive via ship (if you live in lower 48 United States).

How in the heck? I ordered 3/27, blue/white LR AWD with aero and FSD and have heard crickets. And Texas is closer to CA than NJ!

I’m guessing it’s the white interior. Mine is black - I suspect that’s the difference.

Maybe they really are just focusing on SRs and LRs right now. Hopefully won't be MONTHS before they swap back to LR AWDs.

Mine is also LR AWD .....

Ordered white/white LR AWD on 3/21. Tesla says car is enroute to Illinois, scheduled to arrive at the dealership Wednesday evening (4/10). I'm scheduled to take delivery 4/13. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Once you have a VIN, Tesla can tell you by GPS where the car is located. Yesterday morning, mine was in Fresno. I'll call tomorrow to see where it is. The dealership should have plenty of time to prep and test it.

Ordered white/white LR AWD on 3/21. Tesla says car is enroute to Illinois, scheduled to arrive at the dealership Wednesday evening (4/10). I'm scheduled to take delivery 4/13. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Once you have a VIN, Tesla can tell you by GPS where the car is located. Yesterday morning, mine was in Fresno. I'll call tomorrow to see where it is. The dealership should have plenty of time to prep and test it.

No such thing as a Tesla dealership ;)

• Funny
Reactions: mompilot
I've had my pearl white dual motor since March 22nd. It is so worth it.

The more I drive it, the more convinced I am that what I paid was (somewhat surprisingly to me) a good value, and this isn't an inexpensive car by any means! It's a driver's car that seats 4 comfortably (5 in a pinch), has cutting edge tech, and still gets the equivalent of 116 MPG. I've received 3 software updates already that have all added new and useful features. Feels like I'm having my cake and eating it too.

I don't think there's a better car for the price--obviously or I wouldn't have bought it--but I've been thinking there may not be a better car for me at any price. I prefer this car over the Model S/X by a country mile, but I've always preferred this size class over larger cars as I'm a lot more interested in driving than hauling.

I've had my pearl white dual motor since March 22nd. It is so worth it.

The more I drive it, the more convinced I am that what I paid was (somewhat surprisingly to me) a good value, and this isn't an inexpensive car by any means! It's a driver's car that seats 4 comfortably (5 in a pinch), has cutting edge tech, and still gets the equivalent of 116 MPG. I've received 3 software updates already that have all added new and useful features. Feels like I'm having my cake and eating it too.

I don't think there's a better car for the price--obviously or I wouldn't have bought it--but I've been thinking there may not be a better car for me at any price. I prefer this car over the Model S/X by a country mile, but I've always preferred this size class over larger cars as I'm a lot more interested in driving than hauling.
First car I've ever bought without test driving it. I'm certain I will LOVE it. I haven't heard of ONE Tesla owner that regrets their purchase.

Reactions: Scott7
Just checked my reservation and it looks like I have a delivery appointment scheduled for 4/19, but no VIN assigned.

Is this normal? I suspect they are anticipating a scheduled shipment and are booking appointments based on it, even though the VINs aren't assigned yet.

At what point in the process are VINs assigned?

Just checked my reservation and it looks like I have a delivery appointment scheduled for 4/19, but no VIN assigned.

Is this normal? I suspect they are anticipating a scheduled shipment and are booking appointments based on it, even though the VINs aren't assigned yet.

Pretty normal. I had a few different dates assigned systematically before I actually got a VIN, and even then the dates changed afterwards. When I finally spoke to my delivery advisor, he told me to basically ignore the systematic dates. That said, it generally means *something* is happening behind the scenes.

Whom do you call to get a location on the car?

Thanks

Got a call from my Delivery Advisor that a VIN has been assigned and the delivery appointment was accurate. Although, appoint was scheduled for 4/19, and they are closed for Good Friday, so we moved it to 4/20.

Got my LR/AWD with FSD, black interior blue exterior with aero wheel reserved on 22 march 2019 here in switzerland, no delivery date but got news from delivery advisor that the delivery should take place mid/end may.

when I place my order they gave me a VIN with a delivery begining of april but as I wasn't ready for it at this time (charger / selling the old car / etc) asked them to have it later and now waiting a new boat to get my car :(

I need some advice on how to proceed

I ordered a Model 3 in feb, the delivery was suggested as March. In March i received a phone call and it was agreed delivery would be the 21st March, i also made it very clear the last week of march i would be traveling and could not do a pick up. I received an invoice on my tesla account with a delivery date stamped on it for 21st March and on 19th March paid in full.

On 21st march i received an email saying car would be available for pick up at 2pm on 27th March. I could not pick it up then and tesla were unwilling to wait until 1st April for pick up. They therefore gave the car to someone else.

I now have no delivery date and they cannot provide one. I have no car but i do have a massive loan that im paying interest on. Since i have paid in full ive requested a courtesy car until they have figured out when i will get my car but i have received no response.

Im considering taking formal complaints to the authorities since i am receiving no adequate response from Tesla apart from sorry cant do anything and have a nice day. To say im disappointed is an understatement but what can and what should i do in such a circumstance

I need some advice on how to proceed

I ordered a Model 3 in feb, the delivery was suggested as March. In March i received a phone call and it was agreed delivery would be the 21st March, i also made it very clear the last week of march i would be traveling and could not do a pick up. I received an invoice on my tesla account with a delivery date stamped on it for 21st March and on 19th March paid in full.

On 21st march i received an email saying car would be available for pick up at 2pm on 27th March. I could not pick it up then and tesla were unwilling to wait until 1st April for pick up. They therefore gave the car to someone else.

I now have no delivery date and they cannot provide one. I have no car but i do have a massive loan that im paying interest on. Since i have paid in full ive requested a courtesy car until they have figured out when i will get my car but i have received no response.

Im considering taking formal complaints to the authorities since i am receiving no adequate response from Tesla apart from sorry cant do anything and have a nice day. To say im disappointed is an understatement but what can and what should i do in such a circumstance
Check what you had in writing. They didn't deliver on the date promised. Sue for damages.

Tesla's been pulling this particular BS for years. IMO, they won't fix it until they get hit with punitive damages.

Last edited: