Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised nobody has commented on Elon’s statement yesterday that they will be deemphasizing the long range configurations due to battery cell supply constraints. Instead they will focus on the SR + , so they can sell more vehicles with the same amount of cells.
This was during the questions after the initial presentations.

I am surprised nobody has commented on Elon’s statement yesterday that they will be deemphasizing the long range configurations due to battery cell supply constraints. Instead they will focus on the SR + , so they can sell more vehicles with the same amount of cells.

I hadn't heard that.

I have no interest in anything but the long range I ordered.

I wondered about that too. I saw quite a few Red SR+ in Inventory searches and wondered if they’d skewed the build ratios in that direction.

I’m at 4 Weeks and waiting (LR AWD RED/White/18) and I really hope this doesn’t mean I’ll have to wait a lot longer.

I wondered about that too. I saw quite a few Red SR+ in Inventory searches and wondered if they’d skewed the build ratios in that direction.

I’m at 4 Weeks and waiting (LR AWD RED/White/18) and I really hope this doesn’t mean I’ll have to wait a lot longer.

I’m at 8 weeks and waiting on the same configuration in Vancouver, BC (nice choice by the way), also wondered about that statement. Hard to tell from the tracking spreadsheet data, but it looks like the wait goes back to mid-February on some configurations in North America.

Hi everyone,
I placed my order on the 10th of April and my account shows delivery date is on the 1st of May, and yesterday my account is showing me a VIN.
Does that mean my model 3 reached Canada?
Also, do you think I me get it before 1st of May?

Note: I ordered model 3 LR AWD black on black

Picked up my LR AWD (#teamwhite on white) with FSD and 19's on Saturday, but have been so obsessed with joyriding around in my new electric space ship that I hadn't gotten around to posting about it.

Finn-delivery.jpg

My wife and I had been going back and forth between white and midnight silver, and finally pulled the trigger on midnight... but were still wavering even after placing the order. While on a business trip, I got a text from our sales guy saying that there was a white on white that was ready for pickup, or we could wait a month or two for the midnight silver (apparently, midnight silver on white is a relatively rare combination, who knew?) I took the evening to make a decision, but picked up the car that Saturday. So ordered on Sunday, picked up 6 days later.

We were also wavering between the performance version and the LR AWD. Decided to go LR AWD but use the 7 day return policy as "anti-regret insurance." Absolutely zero regrets-- I've driven both, and I'm perfectly happy settling for "stupid fast" instead of "ridiculously fast." While technically not the quickest car I've ever owned (that honor goes to a V12 AMG Mercedes that I had a while back that was a couple tenths quicker to 60 and a half a second or so quicker in the quarter mile) the LR AWD TM3 **FEELS** quicker because of the instant torque and linear thrust (and it IS much quicker than anything I've owned except for that AMG.)

Car's name is "Finn" after John Boyega's character in the current Star Wars trilogy (TM3s in white look a little like a storm trooper from some angles, but I'm definitely #teamResistance!)

Finn was in great condition on delivery-- nicely detailed, and only two minor defects I could find. The first is a practically microscopic dust particle in the paint on the hood (way below the threshold of expecting Tesla to fix it) and a minor scuff on the left corner of the front bumper that they are going to fix (looks like it will buff out-- can't feel any relief to it.) Panel gaps were wider and less consistent than on a comparable Lexus or Mercedes, but well within acceptable tolerances (and, more importantly, fairly even and aligned properly.) All the glass appears properly aligned and clear of defects.

finn-scuff.jpeg

No other issues in my first week - car is an absolute dream to drive. I was worried about the 19s riding rougher than the 18s, but I'm pleased with the ride quality. (I'm going to buy some 18s with snow tires in a few months before they run out of stock in the fall.) Our roads around here are a potholed mess.

Stereo is good, but not great. If you're moving up from a Camry or Accord, you'll be thrilled. If you're coming from a Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW with the top-end upgraded sound system, it will be disappointing. Not an issue, but something to be aware of (since everyone who posts an opinion about it is subconsciously comparing it to their last car.)

Have already ordered the wall charger (it arrived this morning, and we have an appointment on Tuesday for installation.) We already had a NIMA-1450 RV hookup that we installed when we bought the house, so have been using that until the wall charger is installed (but its placement is less than ideal.)

Have also ordered a Jeda inductive charger, and a satin white wrap for the piano black console (which ALREADY has a couple micro scratches! Can't wait for the wrap to finally arrive.) Also ordered the door button stickers and the glass roof gasket.

Biggest (really only) frustration so far: the maps database has incorrect speed limits on the two main roads I use for my once-or-twice-a-week commute to the office (I usually work from home.) This makes autosteer useless because it won't go any faster than 10mph UNDER the posted limit, which would result in people honking at me and delaying everyone else's morning commute. (One road Tesla is convinvced the speed limit is 25 despite multiple signs showing that it's 45, the other Tesla thinks is 45 when it's actually 55 with some spots being 60.) They should obviously update the database, but I'm confused because I assumed that FSD would read the signs. Sucks not to be able to use autopilot on my commute. Thought about submitting bug reports, but not sure if that's an appropriate use.

However, with those couple roads excepted, navigate on autopilot is fantastic. Planning a short road trip/shakedown cruise this weekend, but have a real road trip coming up in May to give Finn a workout.

Thanks to the folks in this group for all their support, knowledge, and information that helped us make the right decision! (Have been lurking for months.)

Hi everyone,
I placed my order on the 10th of April and my account shows delivery date is on the 1st of May, and yesterday my account is showing me a VIN.
Does that mean my model 3 reached Canada?
Also, do you think I me get it before 1st of May?

Note: I ordered model 3 LR AWD black on black

my black on black awd was originally scheduled for MAY 2 (I had ordered March 2!). I had called them and they told me I could take delivery as early as today (April 25)... i would reach out to them. i'm sure they can do it sooner if the VIN is assigned and the car has arrived. what size rims did you get?

my black on black awd was originally scheduled for MAY 2 (I had ordered March 2!). I had called them and they told me I could take delivery as early as today (April 25)... i would reach out to them. i'm sure they can do it sooner if the VIN is assigned and the car has arrived. what size rims did you get?
I reached out to them and they said it's not here yet. I got the 18 Aero.

Hi all! Longtime lurker but now FINALLY part of the Tesla community (almost).

Ordered a white/white LR AWD Model 3, 18" aero, FSD on Monday 4/22, but actually got all my documentation in yesterday 4/24 due to a banking hiccup. Sitting on the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" page now and I'm champing at the bit here. Any guesses on what comes next/when? In Arizona if that helps.

Ordered a white/white LR AWD Model 3, 18" aero, FSD on Monday 4/22, but actually got all my documentation in yesterday 4/24 due to a banking hiccup. Sitting on the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" page now and I'm champing at the bit here. Any guesses on what comes next/when? In Arizona if that helps.
Call your delivery advisor in the morning. I was in the same boat as you yesterday and when I called my delivery advisor, she said let me check and then came back and said yes your all set, I rec

Call your delivery advisor, he/she will have the final paperwork before it hits your online account.