Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would give up my white interior for those 19" sport wheels in a heartbeat, even if I had to pay for the privilege. They are just not available as a factory order or SC add-on option, on any model here in the UK. :( I need to figure out a way to get a set sent over to the UK from the US.

Well i finally ordered a Model 3. unfortunately i started reading all the bad stuff after i ordered. i hate the internet. i am not sure if i should be excited or scared to get my car. ugh.

I ordered in early March. Was then offered a 12/18 build with a few miles. Picked it up a few days later. Found no paint, body or other issues. It was delivered as clean as a brand new car. No problems.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Well i finally ordered a Model 3. unfortunately i started reading all the bad stuff after i ordered. i hate the internet. i am not sure if i should be excited or scared to get my car. ugh.

I’m a Tesla skeptic (because to me their CEO comes across bizarre and their financials seem likewise) but the car itself is way, way better than I expected. My Model 3 has build quality exceeding the typical quality of a $40k car (I have the performance, so $60k and the quality is what I’d expect for this class). It had a 1/8” paint chip but mine was a demo.

The interior quality is especially noteworthy. I don’t understand why some say that this is behind the German brands. There is not a single cheap feeling item inside the cabin. Everything feels and looks very high end. Compare that with a new Audi or BMW where everything you don’t touch regularly (e.g. door pockets) are made of the cheapest feeling hard plastic.

Then when you step on the accelerator (I test drove an SR+), you get the feeling of switching from Vinyl records to streaming music. ICE becomes an immediate relic. Try that with a Pertormance and it is in yet another league.

My previous EVs were a Ford Focus and a BMW i3. Only used L2 and 2x a DC “fast” charger. It worked for a commuter car. Out of curiosity, I tried a Supercharger yesterday. No hassle with account cards, just plug in, get a coffee and bam, 100 miles loaded when I finished my espresso. It’s wonderful.

These are some awesome words of encouragement. Thanks for that. I think some of the jitters are that.... i have never actually driven or been in a Tesla. I purchased sight unseen. Literally sans internet i have never seen a Model 3. I ended up purchasing a Model 3 long range AWD with the FSD. i paid right at 57000 for it. Did it strictly online. I have also read maybe i could have got a better deal going into the dealer but i didnt know Tesla would deal on their cars. If when my wife takes delivery she is happy i guess it is all worth it.

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset
These are some awesome words of encouragement. Thanks for that. I think some of the jitters are that.... i have never actually driven or been in a Tesla. I purchased sight unseen. Literally sans internet i have never seen a Model 3. I ended up purchasing a Model 3 long range AWD with the FSD. i paid right at 57000 for it. Did it strictly online. I have also read maybe i could have got a better deal going into the dealer but i didnt know Tesla would deal on their cars. If when my wife takes delivery she is happy i guess it is all worth it.

I was in the same boat (never saw or drove it before plopping down $59K) and my expectations were exceeded! I got the LR AWD w/FSD and White premium interior as well, BTW. Zero flaws, and I'm picky....

Reactions: SMAlset

I've had mine since Thanksgiving. I paid 64.5k including taxes. Your only regret will be not having gotten one sooner. I would not accept7.5k and give back the last 7 months with it. Just got done with a 7200 mile 25 day road trip from NC to Yellowstone and back with it. My wife and I camped in the car 70% of the time. It costs me about 2.5 cents per mile to charge at home, about 6 cents using superchargers. AS you have probably seen with most in the forums, Charging on the road is not a problem. All those miles with no route deviations. I still smile when I mash the accelerator.

I ordered mine on 6/25 in the evening and got a txt the next morning thanking me for updating my delivery profile and that they would reach out as soon as they have a VIN assigned. As of today nothing yet but I bet the end of June tax break deadline will cause a little bit of delay. I also wonder how much location determines time frames. I'm in SW Missouri but will pickup in St. Louis(yes KC is closer but I have family up in SL I can visit also). Good luck to everyone and wish they made a patch for patience :) Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: LEON3
Ordered 6/24, black LR AWD. On 7/3 I got notified that it's coming on 7/8. Got my VIN today and confirmation about 7/8. I'll believe it when I see it, but so far it is lined up to be 2 weeks to the day. Of note, the lot in which the cars are stored is on the north side of Chicago, about 1 mile from my house, I don't think that hurts my case. They don't want me to come in to the delivery center, they want to deliver it to my house.

• Informative
Reactions: LEON3 and Joey_82
It's official- orderd 6/24, received 7/8, exactly 2 weeks to the day. Black/black LR AWD. The delivery guy was great, very nice and made sure everything was in order, including my return of my prior leased Model S. I would give the experience a 9.5/10 overall. I'm keeping that last 0.5 for Tesla having a greater ability of Tesla to make me less anxious that things would go wrong, even though nothing went wrong.