Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery estimate says: “within 2 weeks from order placed date.

This Thursday will be 4 weeks from date order was placed. Sometimes I feel like my config takes longer. Seems like a lot of people wait longer for Red and then Red with White interior is probably more unusual.

I’m picking mine up from Highland Park, IL so hopefully unaffected from any Wisconsin shenanigans.

I was at the Seattle store today and they had your configuration in inventory. I don’t think it’s that uncommon

This Thursday will be 4 weeks from date order was placed. Sometimes I feel like my config takes longer. Seems like a lot of people wait longer for Red and then Red with White interior is probably more unusual.

I’m picking mine up from Highland Park, IL so hopefully unaffected from any Wisconsin shenanigans.

Red and white is what was in the Tesla showroom by me. Both and S and 3. I almost went with that combo myself.

So just did some digging with the Tesla sales team. Expecting some delays to the end of June/July orders. Due to the Q2 end push, they drained out all inventory in the country and are currently prioritizing exports as well. They're planning a production ramp to keep up with the demand but the lead time from order to delivery for a factory fresh model 3 will be around 3 - 4 weeks until production ramps up. I know this sucks but hope this info helps!

• Informative
Reactions: Cosmacelf

Ordering at the start of the quarter will generally lead to wait time increases. At least that was the case for me last quarter.

The website date is trash. Ignore it, act as if it never existed.

Ordered: 7/5
LR AWD. White/White. FSD.
Houston, TX.

No VIN assigned.... yet. I am dying over here....

What was your delivery estimate?

I'm beginning to think that a VIN is a red herring. Looking at post history, VINs that show up in source code before getting a delivery invitation line up in the timeframe of the previous quarter's push, so it's likely those were matched with already made cars sitting in Cali.

It would appear that there are also people that receive invitations to schedule delivery before receiving any kind of VIN.

So I don't think that VIN before scheduling delivery is always true.

What was your delivery estimate?

I'm beginning to think that a VIN is a red herring. Looking at post history, VINs that show up in source code before getting a delivery invitation line up in the timeframe of the previous quarter's push, so it's likely those were matched with already made cars sitting in Cali.

It would appear that there are also people that receive invitations to schedule delivery before receiving any kind of VIN.

So I don't think that VIN before scheduling delivery is always true.

When I ordered it said, "Delivery estimated within 2 weeks of order" and it still says that a week and a half later lol

When I ordered it said, "Delivery estimated within 2 weeks of order" and it still says that a week and a half later lol

We're all in this boat together. I called the Seattle delivery center today to fix a typo on my Drivers License, and also asked them about timing - he didn't really have anything to report and that the website was more or less pretty accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're all in this boat together. I called the Seattle delivery center today to fix a typo on my Drivers License, and also asked them about timing - he didn't really have anything to report and that the website was more or less pretty accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine came in eight days, from order to delivery, so the "within two weeks" is fairly accurate. I didn't get the VIN until 3 day prior to delivery. One day shipping from SoCal to Bellevue.

I'm coming up on 4 weeks this Thursday. The VIN thing is strange because my delivery store made it sound like they're as in the dark as I am without a VIN. They made it sound like the VIN has to come first then we can get rolling.

I already bought some accessories and installed a 60 amp 220 line in the garage for the Tesla charger. Maybe I need to look into more accessories! Spending money with my waiting time but what else to do..........waiting.......waiting......Bueller......

I'm coming up on 4 weeks this Thursday. The VIN thing is strange because my delivery store made it sound like they're as in the dark as I am without a VIN. They made it sound like the VIN has to come first then we can get rolling.

I already bought some accessories and installed a 60 amp 220 line in the garage for the Tesla charger. Maybe I need to look into more accessories! Spending money with my waiting time but what else to do..........waiting.......waiting......Bueller......

Yes, more accessories... more... I went overboard myself... but no remorse as of yet! :D