Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live right next to Fremont and drive by Tesla everyday. This morning I saw 4 trucks loaded. 3 of them were filled with whites. Last truck had MSM, blue, & red. Last week didn't see much. Hoping they pump out the cars fast!

Ordered LR AWD white/white/FSD on 8/15. No VIN yet.

Tried the chat on the Tesla page and they referred my to the Inside Delivery Team (888) 518-3752.

They said they have still not matched me to a car yet but are working on it. They asked about my financing timeline and I explained I would like to get delivery by next Friday, but need 2-3 business days to process the loan once I get a VIN. They said they would possibly match me to a VIN anytime between tomorrow and Tuesday, but made a note to call me back and check in on or before Monday.

So even though I haven't gotten what I want (a VIN and delivery date) sounds like the Inside Delivery team is trying to help. Blunts the anticipation anxiety a bit LOL. Good luck to all and congrats to those that have VINs and delivery days, I'm very jealous.

(Ordered 8/20 Deep Blue LR AWD FSD White Interior)

I live right next to Fremont and drive by Tesla everyday. This morning I saw 4 trucks loaded. 3 of them were filled with whites. Last truck had MSM, blue, & red. Last week didn't see much. Hoping they pump out the cars fast!

Ordered LR AWD white/white/FSD on 8/15. No VIN yet.

Any idea if they were the RHD versions that they are shipping to Pennsylvania for overseas or hopefully US versions..

Yesterday when I ordered my White/AWD/Aero/Black Interior I was told there weren't any available to match me with and a custom order is needed. I see there are a few now showing up on Ev-CPO.com in Chicago and Devon PA. Should I call my OA and get matched or just let the process play out?

I stopped by Dublin Tesla on my way home tonight and had noticed all week that their lot is pretty full of gleaming new cars. I asked the sales rep who stopped to help if any were available for immediate delivery, and he said there were a line of cars along the fence that were available but were all in black (I ordered Blue/White). I said I'd wait, but he also mentioned what I WISH my sales rep had, that it's known that they have a significant backup due to the international product launches and that the sales reps at that location have been carefully telling their customers that though the website says two weeks from order date to delivery, the wait is currently longer. I only wish that the San Francisco sales reps had been as transparent and communicative as that. The wait continues.....

@JakeJS if there was a match I would try to grab it, especially if it was what I wanted. Tesla has been pretty good about cancelling and refunding the deposit.

LR AWD / MSM / black interior / 19 inch wheels / no FSD / Arlington VA

Ordered 8/28
No VIN yet

Yesterday morning (Sept 6), I decided to add Full Self Driving to my order. Within hours, I received an email from Tesla indicating that my previous online order for a Homelink garage opener order had been processed. The order had been pending for several days because they were waiting on my VIN to finalize the order. The final order confirmation included the full VIN number.

This morning, I received a text from Tesla indicating that my car is in transport to Tysons (VA) and that I could take delivery as early as September 21. So my 3.5 week timeline was:

8/28 Placed my order
9/6 Received the VIN
9/7 Scheduled my delivery date
9/21 Take delivery (fingers crossed)

I have to fly out to San Jose for work in 2 weeks, so I'm actually touring the Fremont factory on Wednesday and flying home to pickup my new Model 3 on Saturday. That is shaping up to be a great week.

8/5 Ordered White LR AWD 18" wheels black interior
9/7 Found VIN via source method (Pop up wanted payment all of a sudden)
9/7 Tesla customer service turned very helpful and sent me a Purchase Order that the credit union wants
Delivery date still unknown;No text suggesting that I schedue delivery.
I don't know if car is built, but PO says it has 50 miles on odometer
VIN still not listed on the displayed page.
I have been watching people that ordered after me get their deliveries.
Almost 5 weeks without any progress for me, so glad to see this!

9/7 Tesla customer service turned very helpful and sent me a Purchase Order that the credit union wants
Did you pay? I did in full... Only to be told later the car was in Illinois (I'm in CA). They had the nerve to suggest I pay 2K to ship. I declined. So I've paid in full for a car I don't have and Tesla gets to earn interest on my money. Bleh.

Sorry, you're waiting so long. I understand that if you have your PO, the car is in Fremont's parking lot at minimum. VERY soon, your delivery coordinator should know an estimated date of your car delivery to the service/delivery center. 50 miles is a standard number on PO, has nothing to do with the actual car. If the delivery coordinator sent you the PO, then you can kind of disregard information on the webpage. I understand that the webpage information is updated by delivery coordinators MANUALLY, kind of.... so, now call/email them to track the progress instead of relying on the webpage. For example, a few days before my delivery I suddenly found 2 (TWO) cars listed under my account.
… if only Tesla can capitalize on their superior product by providing equally superior customer experience … like tracking your car in progress of being built inside the Fremont factory (popcorn sales would skyrocket).

• Helpful
Reactions: Pegoto
Took delivery yesterday of LR MSM 19" black. Total time was 27 days from order, but only 3 days after VIN. Delivery experience was average. The car looks great, no gaps or paint damage that often gets reported. Some minor things interior with cleanliness (amazes me that someone with black dirty hands leaves marks on inner line/dash) which were easy to resolve. On drive home some high speed rattle noise (70 mph) which I need looked at and one usb is intermittently working. Also, just 10 miles in I got a small rock ding in windshield...so frustrating. Overall car looks great, drives great and very happy. The delivery center experience is not great...its run like a factory. Not personable, quick sign your documents and they encourage you to drive off. I of course took time to inspect the car, but they seemed a bit annoyed with this. Did not bother to explain anything in car either, but fortunately I've spent the month waiting to learn everything. On the flip side, the Tesla Advisor at store has been great throughout the process with communication and support. He found my car probably a week earlier than if I just waited without his help. Also followed-up post delivery. Like anything, Tesla customer service is more related to people than process. At delivery center they just don't try to create a great experience while at the store they do.

Sorry, you're waiting so long. I understand that if you have your PO, the car is in Fremont's parking lot at minimum. VERY soon, your delivery coordinator should know an estimated date of your car delivery to the service/delivery center. 50 miles is a standard number on PO, has nothing to do with the actual car. If the delivery coordinator sent you the PO, then you can kind of disregard information on the webpage. I understand that the webpage information is updated by delivery coordinators MANUALLY, kind of.... so, now call/email them to track the progress instead of relying on the webpage. For example, a few days before my delivery I suddenly found 2 (TWO) cars listed under my account.
… if only Tesla can capitalize on their superior product by providing equally superior customer experience … like tracking your car in progress of being built inside the Fremont factory (popcorn sales would skyrocket).
Delivery scheduled for Thursday (They were ready Wednesday, but I wasn't)
If they applied some of their technology to make the process more transparent, it would be come more fun and less exasperating.
This forum helps immensely though.
If they just changed estimated delivery to say 2-6 weeks, they would be much better off.

LR AWD
White w/ aero wheels
No FSD

Ordered: 8/8
No VIN still

Rec’v text from Tesla 8/24 estimating 3-4 additional weeks before delivery can be scheduled.

I’m in the same holding pattern as everyone else. :(

Rec’v text from Tesla this morning to schedule delivery. Picking up car 9/11! If nothing gets delayed, will be 34 days from original order date. For those still waiting on the West Coast, hang in there, they are starting to come in!!!!

• Helpful
Reactions: alex-kovshovik
Rec’v text from Tesla this morning to schedule delivery. Picking up car 9/11! If nothing gets delayed, will be 34 days from original order date. For those still waiting on the West Coast, hang in there, they are starting to come in!!!!
It's frustrating that I ordered before you and still nothing. Would love to understand how their operations work! Congrats to you however!

It's frustrating that I ordered before you and still nothing. Would love to understand how their operations work! Congrats to you however!

I called Rocklin Tesla on Weds and grilled the person on the phone asking what was going on. She gave me the same speech about overseas demand, shipments to the east coast, etc. I mentioned my loan approval was expiring and even suggested that I cancel my order and purchase another car from another dealer. She said she put a note on my account to keep checking for available VINs and did recognize that I have been waiting much longer than usual.

If you haven’t already, give you local Tesla a call. Doesn’t hurt to voice your frustrations and perhaps they will be more likely to assign you a VIN once one becomes avail?

Hang in there!!!