Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been traveling back and forth between Reno and Sacramento twice a week. EVERY trip I have seen 1 to 3 transporters loaded with Teslas headed east on I80, so I don't think the factory was in pause.

I wonder if the cars you saw were RHD bound for Philadelphia (or even if LHD elsewhere in Europe).

Tesla transports Model 3 RHD units to Philadelphia port for faster UK transit

After reading this article it makes me think that every car they are building in Fremont right now is destined for Europe as long as they can make delivery before the end of the quarter. Only when that window closes will they start making deliveries in US.

I wonder if the cars you saw were RHD bound for Philadelphia (or even if LHD elsewhere in Europe).

Tesla transports Model 3 RHD units to Philadelphia port for faster UK transit

After reading this article it makes me think that every car they are building in Fremont right now is destined for Europe as long as they can make delivery before the end of the quarter. Only when that window closes will they start making deliveries in US.

It may be selfish of me to say it, but as I've ordered one I'm happy with anything that gets it to me in the UK faster.

Reactions: OhioJoe49
Order Date: 8/9
Config: White M3 AWD LR - White Interior - 18in aero wheels
No VIN.
No estimated delivery.
Live in Fremont.

Sales Advisor won't pick up my calls/reply to my texts. Absolutely terrible customer service from Tesla.

I've been lucky, my Sales Manager in San Diego has been awesome. Very responsive and helpful...text and calls. Gave me a loaner for a weekend and just called this afternoon with a VIN which he grabbed today on his day off even before its on my account (in source code). Ordered 8/11 LR MSM

I've been lucky, my Sales Manager in San Diego has been awesome. Very responsive and helpful...text and calls. Gave me a loaner for a weekend and just called this afternoon with a VIN which he grabbed today on his day off even before its on my account (in source code). Ordered 8/11 LR MSM

Do you know if it was existing inventory that they found or if it was a new build starting to trickling out?

Ordered on 8/19/19
LR AWD
Black Exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
Auto Pilot

No vin yet
No contract yet

I waited a week and a half calling and leaving 4 messages in 4 days. The recorded message said I would be contacted in 24 hours. Finally on the 4th day I was texted saying it would be another 2 to 4 weeks. Anytime i call all I get is voicemail telling me I will be contacted in 24 hours.

No vin yet and my 2 week "estimate" is now 17 days. I do not mind the wait for the car. Others waited years and say it was well worth the wait. What annoys me is the complete lack of communication and keeping me in the dark. If I was contacted and told they were trying to get the cars to China or Europe then great. At least I know. From what I am reading most people don't mind the wait at all but feel no love from Tesla when they are waiting for updates due to no communication.

I have bought a few cars new in the past. I love how I can go online and buy a car and know that I don't have to deal with shady car sales people.

ffs. So my exact order -FSD just hit local inventory. and I still don't have a vin assigned. This is madness
If it's local to you, you can have them assign it to you. They can add in FSD to any inventory car. Just make sure it's local. I had a car assigned to me that they said was in Fremont, and found out 7 hours later that it was actually in Chicago. And this was after I had already sent electronic payment. Ouch. In your case, you can call your advisor or the main Fremont number. Good luck!

If it's local to you, you can have them assign it to you. They can add in FSD to any inventory car. Just make sure it's local. I had a car assigned to me that they said was in Fremont, and found out 7 hours later that it was actually in Chicago. And this was after I had already sent electronic payment. Ouch. In your case, you can call your advisor or the main Fremont number. Good luck!
Ya no it's definately local Literally on the Existing inventory page. We only have the one location here in Vancouver. problem is now nobody is answering the phones ... again

Last edited:
Ordered LR AWD - white with all black interior: 9/4/2019

So excited! Only worry is I just had an unexpected work trip pop up in 3 weeks, but I'll only be gone for a week. Hopefully it shows up before/after the trip!
Murphy decrees that it shall appear during the trip and, since you cannot claim the vehicle, it will be assigned elsewhere. Hopefully I'm incorrect. :)

• Funny
Reactions: bdelrizzo