Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be getting excited over nothing... but either my account is being updated or Tesla's servers are down haa haa.... When I go to my account it shows me a page I've never seen before (suggesting I order a Model S or X and no "Manage" button)....

Then I refreshed a bunch and now I have the page back (picture of what I ordered and a "Manage" button), but no matter how many times I hit "Manage", nothing happens. And also, the Tesla app on my phone no longer loads.

I'm sure it's just a technical issue.... but I keep thinking they're adding my VIN to my account haa haa.
Mine has disappeared as well.

If the Tesla Survey Spreadsheet is reasonably representative and my math is right, since October 1 US Configuration to VIN has averaged 15 days, and Configuration to Delivery has averaged 27. The Config to VIN range has been 12 to 25 days; Config to Delivery, 15 to 43 days.
Voluntary surveys tend to be skewed, but in this case, as reporters are reporting dates, it seems more trustworthy than not.
It also seems that there's been a lot of export fulfillment, but that settled down near the end of October.
I configured 11/2, so I think I'll check the source code for a VIN on Sunday.

If the Tesla Survey Spreadsheet is reasonably representative and my math is right, since October 1 US Configuration to VIN has averaged 15 days, and Configuration to Delivery has averaged 27. The Config to VIN range has been 12 to 25 days; Config to Delivery, 15 to 43 days.
Voluntary surveys tend to be skewed, but in this case, as reporters are reporting dates, it seems more trustworthy than not.
It also seems that there's been a lot of export fulfillment, but that settled down near the end of October.

I don't think thats accurate. You can use as a frame of reference but I doubt it would provide you real world results especially now.

Yeah, definitely not accurate. I ordered 10/13 (33 days ago) and still haven't heard anything from Tesla. No VIN either.

Just received 2 emails from Tesla.

First email was an email for a tesla orientation (received this email before but from a different delivery center).
Second email was to verify my account and to complete all steps (financing, trade-in, proof of insurance, drivers license, pick up location, etc) as soon as possible to make the day of delivery seemless.

hopefully this means I will be getting a vin or delivery soon (not going to get my hopes up)

Ordered 10/11 LR AWD MSM no FSD.

Just received 2 emails from Tesla.

First email was an email for a tesla orientation (received this email before but from a different delivery center).
Second email was to verify my account and to complete all steps (financing, trade-in, proof of insurance, drivers license, pick up location, etc) as soon as possible to make the day of delivery seemless.

hopefully this means I will be getting a vin or delivery soon (not going to get my hopes up)

Ordered 10/11 LR AWD MSM no FSD.

I believe that 2nd email goes out just before VINs are assigned. It could be an indication that your order has a tentative manufacture date.

Keep us informed. :)

When you get your car depends more on where you are at vs when you ordered.

West coast is last.. east coast is receiving some cars as far as we can tell
Definitely where you are matters more than time ordered. I don't know how much time ordered means at all. I’m beginning to wonder if Tesla hasn’t changed patterns on us.

1.) very few people seem to be getting either VINS or cars. Less than one would expect unless Tesla is still at limited US production. Very limited US production.

2.) Tesla’s order page keeps changing “delivers in x to x weeks” to correspond to end of year delivery. This is a good sign that production will happen at some point.

3.) this leaves us with the question, “where are the cars?”

Until something changes (cars start showing up) or we get clarifying information - we really can’t predict anything. Surely someone at Tesla will say something? Anyone spotting car carriers - anything?

I might be getting excited over nothing... but either my account is being updated or Tesla's servers are down haa haa.... When I go to my account it shows me a page I've never seen before (suggesting I order a Model S or X and no "Manage" button)....

Then I refreshed a bunch and now I have the page back (picture of what I ordered and a "Manage" button), but no matter how many times I hit "Manage", nothing happens. And also, the Tesla app on my phone no longer loads.

I'm sure it's just a technical issue.... but I keep thinking they're adding my VIN to my account haa haa.
I had the same issue for about 30 minutes last night.

Ha! I thought the same thing this morning! ....I'm back to waiting patiently.

I just received a scary ass email just now.

"We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.
It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.
In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."

Looks like they needed some information about my trade in but never reached out or gave me any options to provide what they needed. The loan said conditional approval on my account but the person at Costa Mesa delivery said my loan was pre-approved. My order screen now shows loan information finalized and the last step remaining is to upload my title for my trade-in but I'm gonna wait for carmax quote right before delivery for that.

My SA assured me this wouldnt cause delays. Scared me shitless.

19RSdCI.jpg

All thats left is the wait.

I ordered a white/black 19” SR+ on Oct 10 (San Jose CA), and was eventually given a delivery ETA of Nov 19-21. Then I changed my order to a LR instead of SR+, and was told it would not affect my order date. But now my delivery ETA is Dec 10-13. Who knows if it would have slipped anyway (without my order changes), it is what it is. Sigh.

I ordered a white/black 19” SR+ on Oct 10 (San Jose CA), and was eventually given a delivery ETA of Nov 19-21. Then I changed my order to a LR instead of SR+, and was told it would not affect my order date. But now my delivery ETA is Dec 10-13. Who knows if it would have slipped anyway (without my order changes), it is what it is. Sigh.

I doubt that affected anything. I was told as long as you make changes before VIN assignment, it won't impact delivery time when compared to similar trims.

Curious, who gave you the Dec 10-13 delivery window? That's a lot more finite than "6-10 weeks". But it does jibe with "California deliveries will start 2nd week in December" that my SA told me.

Then again, it seems California deliveries are already happening. I wouldn't mind, at all, if I get it before December. Hopeful thinking...

where did you get your delivery ETA?

I just received a scary ass email just now.

"We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.
It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.
In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."

Looks like they needed some information about my trade in but never reached out or gave me any options to provide what they needed. The loan said conditional approval on my account but the person at Costa Mesa delivery said my loan was pre-approved. My order screen now shows loan information finalized and the last step remaining is to upload my title for my trade-in but I'm gonna wait for carmax quote right before delivery for that.

My SA assured me this wouldnt cause delays. Scared me shitless.

19RSdCI.jpg

All thats left is the wait.

I had this screen last night, but its back to the old screen now.

I don't have insurance listed or entered because my agent won’t give me proof of insurance on a car that doesn’t exist yet.

So I guess That I’m not at the “Prepare for Delivery” stage.

Ordered the same config on 10/18 San Jose. Have not heard a thing except that I should enter my financing info. They never replied when I asked if that means delivery will be in the next 30 days, the length my loan quote would be good for. It's like they don't understand the way the world works when it comes to financing. Or maybe they just don't care.