Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please note that these orientations are replacing the walkthrough on the day of delivery! As such, you should be ready for an efficient document signing so you may simply drive away in your new Tesla when your delivery day arrives.

That's odd, my email from the San Francisco delivery center did not mention these things. Their e-mail made it seem like we are getting a seminar on Tesla - but said nothing about getting the bum's rush on delivery day.

The one thing not a single Tesla delivery center (and they all write different messages) is that the "document signing" and simply driving away excludes any inspection of the vehicle.

I think we all need to be proactive (and even pushy) and demand that we want to inspect our vehicles prior to purchase. We deserve the simple right to inspect a car that we are buying - no differently than if we were to buy a box of Kleenex!

Ordered Oct 22 White/White AWD Aero FSD
No VIN yet

Original delivery location was Costa Mesa but I changed to Fremont. Was told there wouldn't be significant change in delivery timeline. They told me they are expecting vehicles to be delivered second week of December, which is cutting it close as I need it by the 15th to stat my road trip

That's odd, my email from the San Francisco delivery center did not mention these things. Their e-mail made it seem like we are getting a seminar on Tesla - but said nothing about getting the bum's rush on delivery day.

The one thing not a single Tesla delivery center (and they all write different messages) is that the "document signing" and simply driving away excludes any inspection of the vehicle.

I think we all need to be proactive (and even pushy) and demand that we want to inspect our vehicles prior to purchase. We deserve the simple right to inspect a car that we are buying - no differently than if we were to buy a box of Kleenex!

Good point, and I addressed it with one of the advisors...

I share the same concern with an 'accelerated' delivery, and he said the vehicles are "fully inspected off the truck and while being prepped, and any issues addressed before delivery". I replied that " I" need to inspect it and be satisfied (I read somewhere that we have 3 days to report issues), and he said there's a contact provided at delivery for such things, and that an appointment would be made to address them within a few weeks of delivery. I wasn't completely satisfied with the answer, and I plan on "decelerating" my delivery to 1) spend time inspecting it and 2) confirm the "3 day rule" before I drive away. He did say "there's always the 7-day/less than a 1,000 mile return policy"; though true, I'd prefer not to have to use it (folks typically don't go into a marriage with the intent to divorce).

First time poster...

Ordered SR Oct 13th, changed to LR Oct 14th. Got a text Oct 15th for delivery 10/25. But I was closing on a house and couldn't take another loan prior to closing so I had to pass. Knowing now what I didn't then, I would have moved my closing. Anyway, been waiting impatiently since. Just called service center and they said I am, in their very rough estimate, scheduled to be matched the week of 12/5. MSM/black interior. Everyone has been very helpful here in posting their updates so I thought I would pitch in.

Good point, and I addressed it with one of the advisors...

I share the same concern with an 'accelerated' delivery, and he said the vehicles are "fully inspected off the truck and while being prepped, and any issues addressed before delivery". I replied that " I" need to inspect it and be satisfied (I read somewhere that we have 3 days to report issues), and he said there's a contact provided at delivery for such things, and that an appointment would be made to address them within a few weeks of delivery. I wasn't completely satisfied with the answer, and I plan on "decelerating" my delivery to 1) spend time inspecting it and 2) confirm the "3 day rule" before I drive away. He did say "there's always the 7-day/less than a 1,000 mile return policy"; though true, I'd prefer not to have to use it (folks typically don't go into a marriage with the intent to divorce).

this is my plan too --

i will deccelare my delivery and assert my right to inspect the goods before doing payment regardless of their policy.

My SA let me know they see a production date in the first week of December and assume delivery in the second week. Ordered 10/25 LR AWD white/black areo.
I got similar info from an SA at my local Tesla. I ordered my LR AWD blue/black on 10/27, and they said to expect the car sometime the week of 12/9. Still no VIN on the website, but I have my fingers crossed.

Well this disclaimer all during the order process gives me confidence that all of us will definitely get our cars before the rebate. This screenshot was taken today.
DD836ECC-A737-4F2D-847A-55CAD8CB3852.jpeg

I don't think the delivery folks have any $%%$ clue when your cars will arrive. They have a monkey throw a dart at a calendar, and that's what they go with.

On the plus side, almost certain anyone who already has order in will see it before the end of year. Though I suspect we'll be shuffled through the delivery center so fast, we'll probably be taking delivery at the curb like we are getting take out for dinner. Welcome to Tesla, sign here, there's your car, now get out of here!

• Funny
Reactions: M3FNATIK
I'm in southeast Iowa. Ordered LR, AWD, FSD, White, White, !9" Sport 10/31. Received SA email 11/15 and informed that I was eligible for Carrier Direct Delivery. Waiting for contract, VIN, etc. Also informed SA that I wouldn't be available to take delivery between 12/22 and 12/27.

It was basic for sure

Curious if they got into any of the following:
- how to reboot screen
- how to reboot car (is that a thing?)
- proper way to lift with jack points and adapter
- proper way to tow the vehicle

Guessing roadside assistance would deal with the last 2 items most of the time, but thinking they might not know how to care for the car as well as the owner should.

Yeah, I guess my glass is always 1/2 empty :)

Still waiting on my VIN, financing is complete but have had no other contact with Tesla yet.

- how to reboot screen

Guessing roadside assistance would deal with the last 2 items most of the time, but thinking they might not know how to care for the car as well as the owner should.

Yeah, I guess my glass is always 1/2 empty :)

Still waiting on my VIN, financing is complete but have had no other contact with Tesla yet.

I went to the workshop. It was basically advertising why you should buy a Tesla, even though I already bought one. No real specifics on how to operate the car or how to care for it.

- how to reboot screen
None of the above were covered in my group handover presentation (U.K.). It was more about how to get you in the car (doors), charging (port) and on your way (key card access).