Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my LR AWD on October 28. White/White, 19" wheels, no FSD. My financing through Tesla was set on October 30. I haven't heard anything. So, yesterday I spoke to my SA. He confirmed that my loan is still active, and to expect delivery in late December. I am in Los Angeles. Pick up in Burbank, CA. As I look at the spreadsheet, I don't understand why others in the general Southern California area have their vehicles even though they ordered later. I am coming from BMW (X5, X3, X5). I got rid of my X5 nearly six weeks ago. It's been an interesting time with no vehicle.

VIN in source code-- 12/06/2019
Ordered 11/02/2019
Denver CO
LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic, Premium Black/white interior, 18" wheels

DELIVERY DATE 12/13.
Upgraded to FSD; Tesla Finance revised the loan amount on our request-- great service all around from Denver (Greenwood Village) sales associates and Tesla Finance Folks.
We expected the build-to-ship process to be a voyage into the unknown, so I can't regard that as an issue. Everything else about our client experience has been very good.

Last edited:
Ordered 10/11 => Vin 11/2 => Delivered 11/6
LR, AWD, FSD, 19in, Black w/ White interior

Oh my. I love, love this car. It's everything a modern vehicle should be, quick (insanely quick and not even a performance), connected, intuitive, comfortable, silent. I have zero regerts and driving it feels like 58k well spent! On top of that, I also paid a Nissan dealer 2k to take my 2018 Toyota Tacoma and even with that it's still worth it.

To those who are waiting, hang in there because you will be glad you did... even it it comes next year.

Ordered 10/11 => Vin 11/2 => Delivered 11/6
LR, AWD, FSD, 19in, Black w/ White interior

Oh my. I love, love this car. It's everything a modern vehicle should be, quick (insanely quick and not even a performance), connected, intuitive, comfortable, silent. I have zero regerts and driving it feels like 58k well spent! On top of that, I also paid a Nissan dealer 2k to take my 2018 Toyota Tacoma and even with that it's still worth it.

To those who are waiting, hang in there because you will be glad you did... even it it comes next year.
Don’t understand the bit about you paying a Nissan dealer to take your prior vehicle, but congrats. Enjoy your new ride.

Did you happen to order white seats? From what I can tell on the tracking spreadsheet it seems like everyone with black seat config is getting their VIN but white seats from same time frame are not. I ordered 11/21 white/white for delivery to Charlotte and I haven't heard anything yet and nothing showing in source code. I'll probably end up getting a delivery date for when I'm out of town for Christmas vacation. I'll be happy getting it before end of year though.

black interior for me.

@Kilotango74 The 2k I mentioned is the difference between what I owed on my Toyota loan vs what the Nissan dealer would give me for it. I paid them the difference instead of trading in to Tesla.

That said, CarMax is what Tesla recommends and would have matched for a trade-in but the offer from CarMax was yet another 2k lower than Nissan.

So I was upside down in the Tacoma, but paying it off was worth it.

@Kilotango74 The 2k I mentioned is the difference between what I owed on my Toyota loan vs what the Nissan dealer would give me for it. I paid them the difference instead of trading in to Tesla.

That said, CarMax is what Tesla recommends and would have matched for a trade-in but the offer from CarMax was yet another 2k lower than Nissan.

So I was upside down in the Tacoma, but paying it off was worth it.
Sounds like the car is pretty incredible, congrats big time. I order same as you except the FSD and I get it monday. How was the QC on the car and any hiccups at delivery?? Did you inspect car first?

Sounds like the car is pretty incredible, congrats big time. I order same as you except the FSD and I get it monday. How was the QC on the car and any hiccups at delivery?? Did you inspect car first?
We signed the papers before I inspected it up close. Then we went out to connect the phone app, went through settings and after that I said I wanted to inspect it. I was surprised to learn that the back trunk doesn't have lining on the ceiling. I asked if it was missing and he had no idea so we looked at another TM3 and it was the same...to which he then followed up with "uhh yeah I think the performance version has more lining, maybe, but this one here also doesn't so that must be how it is" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
The whole process was about 15 minutes and after about 15 more I cautiously drove it off the lot until I turned the first corner and gunned it .
00000IMG_00000_BURST20191207232346271_COVER.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_134041.jpg
    IMG_20191207_134041.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 52
We signed the papers before I inspected it up close. Then we went out to connect the phone app, went through settings and after that I said I wanted to inspect it. I was surprised to learn that the back trunk doesn't have lining on the ceiling. I asked if it was missing and he had no idea so we looked at another TM3 and it was the same...to which he then followed up with "uhh yeah I think the performance version has more lining, maybe, but this one here also doesn't so that must be how it is" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
The whole process was about 15 minutes and after about 15 more I cautiously drove it off the lot until I turned the first corner and gunned it .
View attachment 485990
Sweet! Thx for the info. I think it's a cost savings mechanism w no lining. Tesla doesn't worry about what u can't see.....I guess a new paradigm. Enjoy your ride!!

Sweet! Thx for the info. I think it's a cost savings mechanism w no lining. Tesla doesn't worry about what u can't see.....I guess a new paradigm. Enjoy your ride!!

But you can see it, and it should have one. Sounds like a DIY project, or a project for those already making under hood liners for the M3. That panel looks a perfect conduit for road noise from the trunk. Oh well, not a deal breaker on an amazing automobile.

JUST GOT MY DELIVERY DATE 20 minutes ago!!!

Ordered: 11/17
Delivery Scheduled: 12/8
Delivery Date: 12/14
Atlanta, Ga
No Insurance info in account
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
White Paint
White Interior
19’’ Sport Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability

I will be out of town from the 13-16 so I will see if I can pick up early or later. I appreciate you all and will update upon delivery.

Reactions: house9
JUST GOT MY DELIVERY DATE 20 minutes ago!!!

Ordered: 11/17
Delivery Scheduled: 12/8
Delivery Date: 12/14
Atlanta, Ga
No Insurance info in account
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
White Paint
White Interior
19’’ Sport Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability

I will be out of town from the 13-16 so I will see if I can pick up early or later. I appreciate you all and will update upon delivery.

In addition, I did not get my Vin until today as well.

• Informative
Reactions: jpfive