Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I second...Worth.The.Wait.

Picked up in Dedham MA. It took 3 weeks from order to delivery. They were delivering 163 Teslas that day...Or so they wanted.

I wish everyone luck. It's quite a car. Nervous about potential repairs and all that stuff because it's expensive but drive carefully, park carefully etc! What a darn car. Now please Tesla, allow an update for CarPlay and Android Auto so I can use Waze, then you will leapfrog the competition once again.

I see no choice but major auto manufacturers to really dive into the EV business. I think Toyota has a shot in 2-3 years.

Reactions: omar and jboy210
Still no update after VIN discovered in source yesterday. I'm not sure if I should be expecting a call or text soon or if I'm supposed to start calling my delivery location and ask what's up.

Ordered 12/9, VIN in source 12/18. Blue/Black, 18", no FSD, pickup in Westmont, IL.

I second...Worth.The.Wait.

Picked up in Dedham MA. It took 3 weeks from order to delivery. They were delivering 163 Teslas that day...Or so they wanted.

I wish everyone luck. It's quite a car. Nervous about potential repairs and all that stuff because it's expensive but drive carefully, park carefully etc! What a darn car. Now please Tesla, allow an update for CarPlay and Android Auto so I can use Waze, then you will leapfrog the competition once again.

I see no choice but major auto manufacturers to really dive into the EV business. I think Toyota has a shot in 2-3 years.

Congrats on the new car!

I don't see CarPlay or Android Auto coming any time soon. But Waze is owned by Google which is the source maps Tesla uses. And some Waze data is incorporated into the map in your Tesla. For full functionality maybe Waze can create a version of their app for Tesla as Spotify did. But you might lose things you have today like pre-heating the battery pack for fastest charging when you navigate to a SuperCharger.

Congrats on the new car!

I don't see CarPlay or Android Auto coming any time soon. But Waze is owned by Google which is the source maps Tesla uses. And some Waze data is incorporated into the map in your Tesla. For full functionality maybe Waze can create a version of their app for Tesla as Spotify did. But you might lose things you have today like pre-heating the battery pack for fastest charging when you navigate to a SuperCharger.

Waze has a lot more functionality like identifying obstructions, police, etc...Yes traffic data seems good on Tesla...But what better way to "stick it to the man" then to say, "see, software update, great features".

Android Auto's voice recognition is so much better than Tesla's...and it's based on the phone which is amazing in itself. Imagine Android Auto on that big screen...Or even half of it (so we don't lose supercharger info).

Took delivery of my Model 3 as scheduled last weekend. The Chicago-Westmont location was very busy with deliveries and test drives. They definitely could use a few more staff members to handle the workload. I had to wait about 1/2 hour beyond my scheduled time but when they got to me it went very smoothly. Since my home location was about 150 miles they put me on the fast charger in the service area to make sure I had enough charge to get home. After less than a week of ownership and about 800 miles of driving I'm still learning the ins-and-outs but definitely loving this car. There is a supercharger about 3 miles from my house so I've made several stops there already while I decide which level 2 charger to install at home.
lz1GFqNySQinUy4BmJQb8w.jpg

10/25 Order date in Seattle, got a text this am for an 11am appointment on Sunday the 22nd - this was after I got the text to schedule a time yesterday, where immediately all the times were filled :rolleyes:. Trying to get a hold of anyone who can help me reschedule, VM is full at the service center, and haven't received a text back from my SA since about 3 weeks ago. I guess we'll see what happens if I no-show. I'm taking my kids to a Christmas show (annual tradition) and I'm not going to bow out for a car.

Reactions: CruzTM3
I think this upgrade would get long range all-wheel drive owners to 3.9 seconds. Where as I think stealth gets the same 0 to 60 numbers as the performance model. So around 3.2 officially but maybe even lower.

The question then becomes is half a second worth giving up a white interior.

Exactly!! I just could not give up that white interior lol slept on it....and just couldn't do it.

Reactions: XLR82XS and jmcmill
Wow, Tesla moves fast. Got text to schedule to take delivery this Saturday, but then this morning got a call from them to pick up today! Be ready people. Things happen fast. Good luck everyone!

Congrats. Did you VIN show on your actual manage page yet? Mine appeared in source yesterday but no call or text from the delivery center as of yet. I'm getting ready to just call them and see if they need anything else from me.