Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the Southeast United States is getting some factory love. I placed my Florida reservation (white out of state) on 12/28/19. Converted my reservation to a production order for an LR AWD, white with black interior and standard 18” wheels with aero covers on 1/3. My VIN appeared in the source code and in my loan documents on 1/13/20. I received my first text with a tentative delivery date of 2/2/20 on 1/14/20. On 1/24 my delivery date was acknowledged and my VIN appeared on my order page. On 1/25 my tentative delivery date changed to 1/31/20 and I received the text today that my car has arrived at the delivery center and was being prepped for my delivery. Woohoo, yay me.

So I was setup for delivery on 2/3, as of Saturday the website was asking me to do final payment. Then yesterday my account showed no payment request, no VIN and no delivery appt.

I finally got ahold of the delivery center, the guy looked into it and told me “sometimes the website gets goofy” but that he saw my appt and my car still in transit.

now the website shows the VIN and appt but not asking for payment again yet.

I’ve got that sinking feeling that come this weekend j will get told there’s no car and start over.

So I was setup for delivery on 2/3, as of Saturday the website was asking me to do final payment. Then yesterday my account showed no payment request, no VIN and no delivery appt.

I finally got ahold of the delivery center, the guy looked into it and told me “sometimes the website gets goofy” but that he saw my appt and my car still in transit.

now the website shows the VIN and appt but not asking for payment again yet.

I’ve got that sinking feeling that come this weekend j will get told there’s no car and start over.

Think positive!

That's the best thing I could think of to say. I'm sorry. This situation sounds so nerve wracking.

I just ordered my TM3 today! LR AWD Silver Midnight Metallic! You guys have no idea how excited I am to get this car....I currently drive a prius...talk about an upgrade haha!

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation! Ordered the same thing the day before you and I'll be coming from driving my wife's 2005 Prius, doesn't even have Bluetooth!
Well, technically I'll be coming from an electric kickscooter + train as my regular commute, haha!

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation! Ordered the same thing the day before you and I'll be coming from driving my wife's 2005 Prius, doesn't even have Bluetooth!
Well, technically I'll be coming from an electric kickscooter + train as my regular commute, haha!
I came from a 2011 Prius. By far the best car I ever had. I brought home the Model 3 yesterday and it makes the Prius feel like a piece of junk. It's not, but the model 3 is a different driving experience that, to a long time Prius driver, feels like the next logical step. I hope it is as reliable as the Prius has been. That remains to be seen.

Our 2005 Prius is pretty solid but it does have its problem, traction for one. Looking forward to the steady footing of an AWD with heavy batteries holding it to the ground.
My wife isn't ready to go full electric so she'll probably trade in the Prius for a new or nearly-new Prius (though the new Honda-e has caught her eye).

Our 2005 Prius is pretty solid but it does have its problem, traction for one. Looking forward to the steady footing of an AWD with heavy batteries holding it to the ground.
My wife isn't ready to go full electric so she'll probably trade in the Prius for a new or nearly-new Prius (though the new Honda-e has caught her eye).

Saw your post about the Honda-e. Sorry, but doesn't look like it's going to happen, unfortunately.
Why the Honda e Should (but Won't) Come to the U.S.

loooooooong time Honda fan, was pretty upset that they were one fo the first to have a hybrid car, the first to have a hydrogen car, and one of the last to have an all electric car. and that ones only offered in california and the range on that is that of a powerwheel, don't car much for clown cars so i wouldn't have bought that honda-e even if they brought it here. sad is they truly don't get it. the majority of cars being traded in for Teslas are Hondas. they need to get a clue before there not around much longer..

Reactions: scooter62
Saw your post about the Honda-e. Sorry, but doesn't look like it's going to happen, unfortunately.
Why the Honda e Should (but Won't) Come to the U.S.

Yeah, I figure it'll be a while if it comes here at all because US laws currently don't allow for camera side-mirrors anyway.
I figure my wife can enjoy a new Prius for a spell and then trade it in if the Honda-e ever makes it out here.

Feel like I just won the lottery...Ordered a LR AWD Midnight Silver FSD white interior last Friday (24 Jan) and was emailed this morning that it would be available soon. Submitted financing immediately and one hour later I received my VIN and MVPA, with a comment that the car would be available for pickup this Saturday, 1 Feb. When first ordered the wait was 6-9 weeks, and it ended up being 8 days. My guess is I got someone else's order that was cancelled or not financed? Still feel like this is a dream...

Feel like I just won the lottery...Ordered a LR AWD Midnight Silver FSD white interior last Friday (24 Jan) and was emailed this morning that it would be available soon. Submitted financing immediately and one hour later I received my VIN and MVPA, with a comment that the car would be available for pickup this Saturday, 1 Feb. When first ordered the wait was 6-9 weeks, and it ended up being 8 days. My guess is I got someone else's order that was cancelled or not financed? Still feel like this is a dream...

Sir it must be good Karma.. may be Elon does have a way to track your karma once you place the order.