Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Doc Brown

I have an X on order - still waiting to see if it makes it to me by year end . . . I just got an email from Tesla asking me if I'll agree to "Ludicrous Delivery."

Anyone agree to and experience this? Do they just toss you the keys and say goodbye?

Here's the email. Funny thing is - I wasn't able to attend the event - but I guess they don't keep track of that stuff.

Untitled.png

I have an X on order - still waiting to see if it makes it to me by year end . . . I just got an email from Tesla asking me if I'll agree to "Ludicrous Delivery."

Anyone agree to and experience this? Do they just toss you the keys and say goodbye?

Here's the email. Funny thing is - I wasn't able to attend the event - but I guess they don't keep track of that stuff.

View attachment 486851

Seriously you should reject this and take your time with reviewing the vehicle for issues. Run through the check list. Check the FWDs a ton.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Some will want to take their time and inspect the heck out of their new cars and go over every line of the documents prior to taking deliveries.

Others that are familiar with the process and don't need an orientation may choose to just do a quicker inspection and get out the door. They don't need to learn how to plug in their car, work the adjustable seats and get familiar with the display. They have already done all this at the pre-delivery workshop.

There are many thousands of new customers that are wanting to get their cars delivered prior to EOY. This process will enable the line to move more quickly and fewer will be disappointed by not getting their cars in time.

Ugh, things like this contribute to the appearance that Tesla is totally overwhelmed right now. I can only imagine what the build quality on some of these vehicles is going to look like which means, in a month or two, the service centers will also be overwhelmed. Almost makes me want to just wait another quarter to purchase. Yes, I'll lose the federal tax credit but by then demand will have receded to normal levels with the expiration of the credit and Chinese Teslas will now be made in China instead of Freemont. Of course, I may be wrong becasue Freemont will start making MYs which will start the chaos all over again.

Last edited:
Almost makes me want to just wait another quarter to purchase. Yes, I'll lose the federal tax credit but by then demand will have receded to normal levels with the expiration of the credit and Chinese Teslas will now be made in China instead of Freemont.

I'm having the same thought. Although - I don't know that it's going to get much better with production beginning on MY. I sure hope they've got people looking for ways to improve their process and customer service. Otherwise, competition will slowly catch up. It's crazy to think you need to go over a $100,000 vehicle to make sure it's assembled and working properly.

Anyway - I'm not proceeding at Ludicrous Speed with my delivery . . .

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I have purchased 4 new vehicles from Tesla... and 1 of them had a singular issue (it was one of the very first model x’s amd a piece of trim on the R rear door didn’t perfectly align with the front. It took them no time at all and wenwere of.

i think perhaps the verbiage and of course the first few mode x’s rolled off hand built which sounds cool but now it just sucks. Either way totem llllll

View attachment 486851
Ludicrous Delivery = "Please don't look for flaws so we can deny any and all claims!"

It's no surprise, delivery is the weak link in their chain and they need to deliver everything they can before midnight on 12/31. Nothing in there says you can't walk back in with the keys if you find a defect and tell them to take the car back or give you a due bill if you choose to accept it.