Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Proof Cubby Drawer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the one cubby that OP linked to. It looks like it will hold just fine for the Insane launches I might do here and there.

The only downside I found is that front section for sunglasses is far too small for the ones I use.

For the deeper part of the drawer I did easily fit the J1772 adapter along with a microfiber cloth (to keep the adapter from moving too much). So at least that has found a "home" that is easy to get to.

• Informative
Reactions: DCEV
I just got the one cubby that OP linked to. It looks like it will hold just fine for the Insane launches I might do here and there.

The only downside I found is that front section for sunglasses is far too small for the ones I use.

For the deeper part of the drawer I did easily fit the J1772 adapter along with a microfiber cloth (to keep the adapter from moving too much). So at least that has found a "home" that is easy to get to.

Be careful, as that J1772 adapter adds a bunch of weight. Seems like it is working for you though.

I keep my adapter in the glove box wrapper in a neoprene sleeve to prevent rattling.

Just a note the link you gave says it wont fit the 2018 Model S.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...sin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tmc064-20
NOT Fit 2018 Model X & S

Seeing your sig says 2018, maybe that's the problem it slips out?

That's a good point but it does fit my car and I suppose it might be a bit lose... It really only launches out if I engage a full Ludicrous launch so for the most part it stays put.

I really had no other choice though because I wanted something that disappeared there with no knobs or other decorations and it seems black is the way to go so it doe snots tand out with the black frame of the cubby around it.

Also liked the fact that it has two felt lined compartments. I think I can fix this issue with affixing two felt sticky pads on either side of the drawer so it fits more snugly.

If anyone has found a nondescript cubby drawer that stays put and is Ludicrous Proof, please post a link :)

I got mine from Evamped https://www.evamped.com/product-page/tesla-msmx-tdrawer
It locks in place and doesn't fly out under hard acceleration.

I got mine from EV Everything but they might be the same company as EV Amped? In any case, I liked that I could match my interior colors, and it looks great. Even more importantly, it stays put during Ludicrous launches.

If you want more detail: After moving from a P85+ to the Performance Ludicrous Mode, I too had the first-world problem of stuff shooting out of the cubby. When I got the email advertising this cubby drawer my first thought was "does it fix that?" and their video or ad copy specifically addresses that problem. My next thought was "that knob is aluminum not graphite" but then I saw you could change it in the order page. So I bought it and it works. I don't represent nor have any interest in the company (in fact others have said their emails were getting pretty spammy) but the cubby works great and I'd recommend it.

with these cubbies.. anyone consider whether or not there is a reason tesla left it open like this? cooling / ventilation for MCU?

It's an enclosed cavity so there are no cooling vents.

Personally for me this is the only part of the Model S interior that made no sense, as the rest of the interior is all clean and elegant, but then there is a cavity just below the MCU that is just about useless because anything you put in there launches towards you when you accelerate. I was very happy to find a cubby drawer to put in there so the space can be useful.

I was able to fix the launching issue by sticking two square felt pads on either side of the drawer.

Fugget it, rip everything out and get a Swiss E-Captain center console. Stores 7 12oz water bottles with cubby delete, very deep compartment, three of them.

e-captain-jpg.105083

Reactions: NYL12