Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davezforce

IG @davezforce
Jan 18, 2017
NJ
Listings
So has anyone heard anything yet about the price to upgrade to Ludicrous since they have included it in the performance package? I have two emails out to service and owner advisor who are looking into it but still haven’t heard back. Unfortunately I know the people that already paid the 20k upgrade aren’t probably getting anything back, but for the people like myself that were going to purchase later for the 20k how can they still charge that price when it’s basically included for a minimal price difference of 3k dollars 2 weeks after I took delivery. Just curious if anyone heard of a discounted price or not.

I actually asked my OA about this as I am trying to buy a used MX P100D and wanted to know if Luda would be added for free. He told me that he has not heard any rumors or talk about including it for free to existing P owners. He told me he personally believes it will not happen because they are trying to entice people to buy new cars and not used cars.

I actually asked my OA about this as I am trying to buy a used MX P100D and wanted to know if Luda would be added for free. He told me that he has not heard any rumors or talk about including it for free to existing P owners. He told me he personally believes it will not happen because they are trying to entice people to buy new cars and not used cars.
So shitty. Missing that by a two week window. Can probably sell my 3 week old P model and re buy it cheaper then adding the 20k Ludicrous

So shitty. Missing that by a two week window. Can probably sell my 3 week old P model and re buy it cheaper then adding the 20k Ludicrous
You might be able to sell to to Tesla and buy it back with Luda added. I agree its shitty but pretty much every company prioritizes new acquisitions over current customer retention. I really hope it changes because it greatly devalued a lot of existing P cars. Make zero sense to but a used 2018 P100D without luda for 85-90k when you can get a brand new 2019 P100DL for $104k.

Reactions: davezforce
I just happened to check my Tesla account page, and now listed under my options it’s says Ludicrous. All the other options I purchased are still there FSD, Autopilot, PUP. But I did not buy at time of purchase and missed the included ludicrous by two weeks. Does this mean they activated it and I should be seeing it in the vehicle soon? I kinda don’t want to ask them in case it’s a mistake lol. Just wondering

I missed the free Ludicrous by a month so I was excited to see that option show up in my account, thinking Tesla decided to do the right thing. Two weeks before that I had written a letter to the district manager complaining about the free Ludicrous for P buyers. Long story short, they gave me the run around, refused to activate it on my car, and eventually just removed the option from the account. Such shitty customer service. They treat their best customers the worst. They really need to hire someone from highend retail to clean up their customer service.

Reactions: davezforce
I agree its shitty but pretty much every company prioritizes new acquisitions over current customer retention.

But but, you don't get new acquisitions if you don't retain your base (aka brand loyalty), which also includes repeat buyers. You can only fool future potential customers for so long before enough word gets out and Tesla will get a bad reputation for doing this to customers. Tesla has some leeway because they are still relatively new, but how they proceed over the next couple years in situations such as this one, as competition enters the market, is going to strongly affect their ability to sustain growth.