Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug nuts - 2013 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Found lots of threads referencing lug nuts, but nothing that popped up specifically for this that I saw.

My 2013 Model S w/ 19" wheels has the original "soft" lug nuts, and I need to replace them. A couple of questions:

- Are the replacements from Tesla any better than the originals?

- Any after market recommendations for better/cheaper?

Thanks!

Reactions: dekuramen
I have a 2014 (still under warranty) had all my lug nuts replaced over the past three months. Their new ones are way better. They have little caps on them that make them look pretty and underneath seen much much stronger. The old ones I was able to strip out at home.

I was told by mobile tech that threyre around $50 per wheel.

Thanks for the replies...

So it appears the ones from EVANNEX specifically marketed for the Model S are 1.62" in length, but I'm not inclined to pay $90 for a set.

I've had a hard time finding that length elsewhere for M14 x 1.5 lug nuts...

So it appears the ones from EVANNEX specifically marketed for the Model S are 1.62" in length, but I'm not inclined to pay $90 for a set.

Consider buying a 6 point deep socket, and breaker bar just for your car.

Yes, the annealed caps on the old lug nuts are soft, but I found with the above and a little finesse, one can get them off and install and torque them to 129 ft-lbs. You will have to rotate the socket to find the sweet spot where the socket will fit.

Problem imo, caused by poor design and poor practice by tire shops that use air driven impact wrenches.

Found lots of threads referencing lug nuts, but nothing that popped up specifically for this that I s

My 2013 Model S w/ 19" wheels has the original "soft" lug nuts, and I need to replace them. A couple of questions:

Thanks!
Found lots of threads referencing lug nuts, but nothing that popped up specifically for this that I saw.

Thanks!
Replacements are basically the same. The difference is that they have a plastic cap either silver or black. Instead of molded aluminum. They cost around $3 each. I prefer the original.

BF088829-FD29-458A-A39C-1435CD08FF3A.jpeg
DE61E74B-22AE-4CEE-AF39-D3C2F4B1DFAF.jpeg

I bought the black Gorilla Lugnuts from Evannex- love them!
BF088829-FD29-458A-A39C-1435CD08FF3A.jpeg
DE61E74B-22AE-4CEE-AF39-D3C2F4B1DFAF.jpeg