Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug nuts. On new wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I received my new wheels today and the vendor included these black Aluminium lug nuts.
I purchased these Titanium ones to use. What do you think. Stick with the short titanium or use the black ones. Are the Aluminium ones strong enough?

Attachments

• IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0747.jpeg
    IMG_0747.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0746.jpeg
    IMG_0746.jpeg
    611.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    634.3 KB · Views: 119
The two nuts you have pictured have different seat sizes. One looks like an extra large seat, for Tesla OEM wheels, and one looks like a standard size seat, usually for aftermarket wheels. I would use the recommended lug nuts for your wheels, so you are mating the right size seat to the wheel surface.

The two nuts you have pictured have different seat sizes. One looks like an extra large seat, for Tesla OEM wheels, and one looks like a standard size seat, usually for aftermarket wheels. I would use the recommended lug nuts for your wheels, so you are mating the right size seat to the wheel surface.
Yes I think you are right.Thanks. I will measure them tomorrow to make sure.

Titanium all the way, was the first thing I did when I got my car to shed unsprung weight, done 18k miles so far thread on the tyres still looks good close to new, still on my 1st set Michelin sport 4s 18", even removed the mud guard to improve drag and added a carbon fiber spoiler to improve down force, consider a front lip splitter from "unplugged performance" next

Reactions: Skavatar