Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lumbar support button stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 June 2019 build

Suddenly the drivers side Lumbar support button stopped working - not sure what happened. I put in for Tesla service thru that app and mobile will come out next week.

Has this happened to anyone? Will the mobile service really be able to fix it?

Thanks.

Happened to me. Stopped working for 2 months. Had a service scheduled and then 1 week prior to the appointment a software version arrived and it started working again. Not sure what fixed it since I had multiple versions of software delivered during the time it was “broken” and had powered off the car and done a reboot a few times.

Good luck! Hopefully you luck out and it will fix itself.

Reactions: cybergates
I have the same issue. Just about to submit a service request too.

Interesting, what was ur build date on the door jamb?

For mine, mobile ordered the parts ahead of time and came out today - they replaced the switch and that DID NOT fix it. They then wanted to replace the lumbar motor component in the back of the drivers seat but didn't have to tools to remove the headrest so they're coming back later in the week - will keep you updated on the progress.

Interesting, what was ur build date on the door jamb?

For mine, mobile ordered the parts ahead of time and came out today - they replaced the switch and that DID NOT fix it. They then wanted to replace the lumbar motor component in the back of the drivers seat but didn't have to tools to remove the headrest so they're coming back later in the week - will keep you updated on the progress.

so now they are saying this has to be repaired at the shop as mobile service won't have the tools to work on the seat. I have an appt later this month....

Keep forgetting to look at the build date, but it's an early 2019. Was supposed to get home service, but technician called wondering if I could go early. Brought it into the new shop being set up in my city and it was fixed within 30 mins. Was a connection issue, they replaced the switch and now everything works just fine.

Had this happen on the passenger seat. Lumbar button did nothing what-so-ever. Mobile service came out to try to replace the control board to no effect. Eventually I had to take it to a service center and they ended up replacing the whole ballast system. Only took a day at the SC, since they preordered parts, but took maybe a month to get an appointment.

Since it was just the lumbar, can't say I was too bummed about the time to fix...

Had this happen on the passenger seat. Lumbar button did nothing what-so-ever. Mobile service came out to try to replace the control board to no effect. Eventually I had to take it to a service center and they ended up replacing the whole ballast system. Only took a day at the SC, since they preordered parts, but took maybe a month to get an appointment.

Since it was just the lumbar, can't say I was too bummed about the time to fix...

yep mine is all fixed now - required a day a the Service Center

Model 3 June 2019 build

Suddenly the drivers side Lumbar support button stopped working - not sure what happened. I put in for Tesla service thru that app and mobile will come out next week.

Has this happened to anyone? Will the mobile service really be able to fix it?

Thanks.
Ya this happened to me the first week. I got it fixed 2 months later. It took about 3 hrs to fix but no big deal.

Reactions: cybergates
Can someone who has had this resolved please let me know what service replaced? I have the same issue on my now out of warranty car, and would like to see if it's something I want to tackle.

2B46C25D-7FB9-49BC-8475-EC09EE07FBAB.jpeg
They replaced the motor. My steering adjustment motor also went out a year later. Same solution, replace the motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Saabstory88