Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lurker Hoping to Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live over 300 miles away from the 3 closest galleries/service centers according to the maps on the Tesla site. Does Tesla have approved service centers or service shops in other locations? 300 miles plus seems like a long way for simple service issues. I live in Pensacola Florida and will not get our first public SC for another year.

I live 300 miles from my nearest Service Center. I do need to drive the car there once a year for Annual service. But, as srk2018 noted, the Tesla Ranger service can take care of 80% of issues without your needing to hit a Service Center.

We do let any smaller items build up to be taken care of at the Annual service, or make an appointment for when we're passing through a city with a Service Center.

As much as I love my Tesla I honestly wouldn't buy one if the nearest service centre was 300 miles away! Just too many things to potentially go wrong. Although to be fair my MX has only had to go back once in the first 10 months and in that particular case a Ranger could have fixed the minor issue I had with the tailgate sensor. But if you are very fussy about details like panel gaps, squeaks and rattles etc. then you could be in for a hard time!

Reactions: BulldogsRus
As much as I love my Tesla I honestly wouldn't buy one if the nearest service centre was 300 miles away! Just too many things to potentially go wrong. Although to be fair my MX has only had to go back once in the first 10 months and in that particular case a Ranger could have fixed the minor issue I had with the tailgate sensor. But if you are very fussy about details like panel gaps, squeaks and rattles etc. then you could be in for a hard time!
True, and I have read here that in a few cases the dealer would claim something that has been verified here as possible to be done by Rangers, wouldn't be possible...

A facility not near you shouldn't be a problem.
A Supercharger that's 10 miles from my house is one that I will probably never use. I charge at home.
You've got chargers in Lake City and Destin, when you travel.

In other words, you have no reason not to get one.

I'm with you. I am not super picky about things like panel gaps or paint work, but I've needed a few things addressed over the 2 years we have owned our X. I go for mobile service anytime possible but I think 1 hour drive would be the max I would be willing to live away from a service center.

Reactions: Peteski and Gwgan
A facility not near you shouldn't be a problem.
A Supercharger that's 10 miles from my house is one that I will probably never use. I charge at home.
You've got chargers in Lake City and Destin, when you travel.

In other words, you have no reason not to get one.

It's not the lack of Superchargers that would put me off, it's the 300 mile drive to the service centre to sort out any gremlins! It's not like Tesla build quality and reliability is their strength either. Ideally, this is a car that you would want to own close to a good service centre for peace of mind and convenience as odds are you will be visiting it more frequently than you would ideally like.

Reactions: BulldogsRus