Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Efficiency -> Trip B

What is your lifetime M3 efficiency?

• less than 240

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • 240 to 250

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 250 to 260

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 260 to 270

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 270 to 280

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 280 to 290

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • 290 to 300

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 300 to 310

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • 310 to 320

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • 320 to 330

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • 330 to 340

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Over 340

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall I guess the position isn’t quite as grouped as maybe you might expect with ICE mpg’s. Loads of variables. So how far can your Tesla drive... it depends!
  • The type of driving
  • How spirited you drive
  • The temperature
  • Etc.

9D4E262C-E125-41FF-A32D-153E21ACB2F9.jpeg

These numbers aren’t great. On the other hand it has been quite enjoyable!

Overall I guess the position isn’t quite as grouped as maybe you might expect with ICE mpg’s. Loads of variables. So how far can your Tesla drive... it depends!
  • The type of driving
  • How spirited you drive
  • The temperature
  • Etc.
I think which variant you have will make a significant difference ,would be interesting to see figures split by SR+/LR/P. Clearly SR+ will be the best due to the lower weight and P will be the worst due to being hooligans (they will blame the extra rolling resistance but we all know its the rolling right foot) But it would be interesting to see how much of a real world difference there is. On average SR+ owners may also be more sensible and careful with preheating etc since they are more likely to need the extra range.

I think which variant you have will make a significant difference ,would be interesting to see figures split by SR+/LR/P. Clearly SR+ will be the best due to the lower weight and P will be the worst due to being hooligans (they will blame the extra rolling resistance but we all know its the rolling right foot) But it would be interesting to see how much of a real world difference there is. On average SR+ owners may also be more sensible and careful with preheating etc since they are more likely to need the extra range.

As a P+ driver, I secretly like the tongue in cheek assumption about P drivers
I agree it would be interesting to see some data on this (although I'm sure there's probably already somewhere this can be seen like the various "Real MPG sites for ICE).
My view, largely from this thread and no science, is that SR+ owners seem to be about 320. P owners about 380.

Reactions: Roy W.