Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ABC2D

Dec 19, 2016
Home
So, charged to 100% and immediately departed for a trip. Drove 284 miles with 12% remaining, resulting in displayed 364 Wh/mi efficiency, but if you divide displayed 103 kWh energy by traveled 284 miles, you get 362.68 Wh/mi. 12% (14 kWh) remaining results in the car allowing me to use 117 kWh of total energy. The reaming 14 kWh at 364 Wh/mi would've allowed me to travel additional 38.5 miles resulting of total 100% to 0% of 284+38.5 = 322.5. All stock on all terrain stock tires traveling 95% at 70 mph flat highway driving.

Now, very big caveat - MOST of the highway travel was driven drafting behind semis using cruise control set at distance of 2 (since we dont have any meaningful AP yet). So, I would not say this result would be typical, but easily achievable nonetheless.

1706243669663.png

What? WTF would I need that if I have THE ACTUAL numbers FROM THE DRIVE I DID?

Are you confused? Perhaps read my post again
Because your drive is bogus following a semi truck at 2. What was the point of your post?

I was trying to give you a general method of estimating trips and other routes. I can see don't want advice but just have other motives.

Just like the Youtube limit pushers there are people that just drive efficiently or normal. Just because one didn't test it the way one wanted people get bent, because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to believe or promote here.

One thing I see is the OP has a Cybertruck vs. many of the people on this forum that do not. For those that criticize the OP and his/her driving. Go get a truck or find a friend and ask them their experiences, but don't crap all over them when they want to share.

Ugh I always have mine on 2 unless its raining. Oh the sin of me. All my wh/mi numbers are all bogus since 2017. OMG what am I to do?

Ugh I always have mine on 2 unless its raining. Oh the sin of me. All my wh/mi numbers are all bogus since 2017.
FYI, I think it was the following a semi-truck to get the wh/mi numbers that seemed like an odd flex.
As well following a semi-truck closely often makes them annoyed since they can't see you easily.

I definitely have followed semi-trucks when testing or needing to stretch myself to get to the next SuC but I always go max distance. 7 in the case of TACC.

And then why blast someone when they are providing input to your thread that was meant to be helpful? "What? WTF would I need that if I have THE ACTUAL numbers FROM THE DRIVE I DID? Are you confused? Perhaps read my post again"

No big deal just lets you know what people are like and if they appreciate other posters.

FYI, I think it was the following a semi-truck to get the wh/mi numbers that seemed like an odd flex.
As well following a semi-truck closely often makes them annoyed since they can't see you easily.

I definitely have followed semi-trucks when testing or needing to stretch myself to get to the next SuC but I always go max distance. 7 in the case of TACC.

And then why blast someone when they are providing input to your thread that was meant to be helpful? "What? WTF would I need that if I have THE ACTUAL numbers FROM THE DRIVE I DID? Are you confused? Perhaps read my post again"

No big deal just lets you know what people are like and if they appreciate other posters.

Like I said I must have pissed off alot of truckers then. Like 400k miles worth. Sorry I will have to disagree with you. 2 is not close. 7 is like grandpa.

Look at the screen. I really do care little about your post. As you and I differ very much on how we drive, how much we drive, and many other things. I like numbers not a bunch of back and forth by people that again have no truck. Last time I drove across the US. 5 or 6 times last year. I encountered many trucks I followed them. Sorry they didn't all part like the red sea for me to do testing.

• Informative
Reactions: tashtibet
Like I said I must have pissed off alot of truckers then. Like 400k miles worth. Sorry I will have to disagree with you. 2 is not close. 7 is like grandpa.

Look at the screen. I really do care little about your post. As you and I differ very much on how we drive, how much we drive, and many other things. I like numbers not a bunch of back and forth by people that again have no truck. Last time I drove across the US. 5 or 6 times last year. I encountered many trucks I followed them. Sorry they didn't all part like the red sea for me to do testing.
No worries. I've driven a lot of roadtrips across the US as well. Went up into Canada and across a while back (BC was great the few times I've gone) then down to OR coast, then Vegas, Moab, and back to the mid-west.

I do a lot of comparisons to ABRP setups and have found problems that they have fixed that benefit all users. Nice to be helpful to fellow Tesla owners sometimes.

Last edited:
providing input to your thread that was meant to be helpful
But your "input" wasn't, hence my response.

Your first post on my OP, in which I simply shared my experience that you, for some reason interpreted as a "flex", you went on teaching me how to use ABRP because I'm, apparently, was "confused". That wasn't "helpful".
But even if I misinterpreted your intend, you further double down on your initial helpfulness, which in reality was poorly veiled diss, instead of correcting me, you continued to disregard the fact that my overall efficiency, not just the last drive, still with 365 Wh/mi.

Reactions: outdoors