Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Highland UAE Delivery - Jan/Feb 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an M3HLR in mid jan. My EDD has been pushed to Feb/Mar. No update yet, and no useful info when calling or emailing Tesla. I'm renting a car at the moment until my Tesla arrives which kinda sucks. A suspected ship might deliver something: "CHANG TAI HONG" It's currently in Dammam, maybe to Jebel Ali next?

Well, I am not defending Tesla in any way, just saying that my experience was reasonably satisfying and smooth.
Then again, I am not really experienced with new car deliveries. I used to buy only second hands.
I understand your point. It would indeed be unacceptable if in-stock items, whether new or used, encountered the same issue. Such tasks are straightforward and should not lead to failures.
Of course, mistakes can happen - that's a real life. However, contrary to Tesla, other brands (like the well-known blue-colored brand in the UAE, which you're certainly familiar with) are willing to take responsibility, brave enough to make decisions, and do not leave customers alone with their issues.

Last edited:
I ordered an M3HLR in mid jan. My EDD has been pushed to Feb/Mar. No update yet, and no useful info when calling or emailing Tesla. I'm renting a car at the moment until my Tesla arrives which kinda sucks. A suspected ship might deliver something: "CHANG TAI HONG" It's currently in Dammam, maybe to Jebel Ali next?
In my case, a VIN was assigned as soon as the ship left the Shanghai port. I asked some other customers who were also waiting, and it appears that the EDD is now more reliable compared to the September-November period.

Last edited:
In my case, a VIN was assigned as soon as the ship left the Shanghai port. I asked some other customers who were also waiting, and it appears that the EDD is now more reliable compared to the September-November period.
Well if that's the case, I'm probably not gonna get a car until March or April. I always wanted a Tesla and I also got a really good deal on my current car which forced me to sell. Should I keep renting until then? hahah this feels so baddd

Well if that's the case, I'm probably not gonna get a car until March or April. I always wanted a Tesla and I also got a really good deal on my current car which forced me to sell. Should I keep renting until then? hahah this feels so baddd
harib sami seems already got his VIN after only one month of waiting, so, there is still a chance for you to meet a VIN in February.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to rent other EVs and treat it as valuable experience gain - it helped me a lot

Oh wow! That's exciting to hear. Happy for you Harib! Saw you struggling with them a few days ago :p
Qadoor, congrats on VIN assignment! Seems like the demand has cooled down already
You can download shipatlas app and start searching vehicle carriers ( the app has a special filtering on that) somewhere around Singapore or on the way from Shanghai to Singapore

Reactions: Qadoor
I ordered a M3LR on 14th Feb - AWD + Red Paint + Black Interiors + 18" Wheels. Typically how long does it take to get the VIN. The est on Website shows Feb-march and as expected the sales advisor is clueless.

I ordered a M3LR on 14th Feb - AWD + Red Paint + Black Interiors + 18" Wheels. Typically how long does it take to get the VIN. The est on Website shows Feb-march and as expected the sales advisor is clueless.
Almost same spec I ordered mid-June (blue instead of red). I got the VIN 2 weeks later, with delivery date another 2 weeks later. For me it was exactly 25 days from order to drive off.
But that was last year, it appears as if procedures changed a bit.