Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Long range performance, is it a long range + or a performance -?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

In Sweden right now there is an in-inventory "Long Range Performance AWD" that seems to have Performance performance but without the performance package. My questions is, since it's branded a LR, is it a long range that has been upgraded or is it a performance model just without the performance package? Will I get software updates for a LR or a performance model? VIN is 5YJ3E7EBXKF335790 if that helps. Is the foundation a performance or did Tesla just put "some" parts in a LR version?

It sounds like a Performance model without the upgrade package. It will still have the same range and acceleration of the Performance model. All cars get the same software updates. It just won’t have the upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, spoiler, etc.

Hi,

In Sweden right now there is an in-inventory "Long Range Performance AWD" that seems to have Performance performance but without the performance package. My questions is, since it's branded a LR, is it a long range that has been upgraded or is it a performance model just without the performance package? Will I get software updates for a LR or a performance model? VIN is 5YJ3E7EBXKF335790 if that helps. Is the foundation a performance or did Tesla just put "some" parts in a LR version?

All signs point to that being the same car (long range car upgraded to performance, or performance car without the performance package).