Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 randomly stops charging at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you don't have scheduled charging or departure enabled
If using Tesla wall connector, use an app to see what's happening during charging: iOS or Android
If using mobile connector, review the troubleshooting status light section in the manual
If using mobile connector, try using a different outlet to rule out a bad outlet
If using mobile connector, maybe the unit is bad, try to borrow someone else's to test

I had a problem with the charge failing to start. It would connect to the car for just a few seconds then stop. Eventually it would start. Couldn't figure out the problem. This started after one of the car software updates. So then I decided to log into my Tesla Wall Connector. Checked for a firmware update, there was none. But I had set the Wall Connector to 'charge only Tesla.' Not sure why I set that, but I changed it to 'charge any car' and the problem went away. It seemed after a software update the handshake between the M3 and the Wall Connector got messed up. Not saying this is your problem but worth looking at.

Reactions: chobra
Make sure you don't have scheduled charging or departure enabled
If using Tesla wall connector, use an app to see what's happening during charging: iOS or Android
If using mobile connector, review the troubleshooting status light section in the manual
If using mobile connector, try using a different outlet to rule out a bad outlet
If using mobile connector, maybe the unit is bad, try to borrow someone else's to test
Scheduled charging was the culprit even though I never knowingly set it to that due to a flat rate where we live. Thank you!

I uninstalled EV.energy app. charged twice, no issues yet... hoping that is it.

There is a thread here I remember about that specific app. TL ; DR this app seems to interact with charging and can be the culprit for charging anomalies.