Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Screen Flicker/Scrolling Computer Code - Anyone Else Get This?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a quick search and didn't find any info on this, so posting to check in with my Tesla "think tank!".....

We have a DM M3, picked up in Sept. About a week ago, the screen went black but the car operated fine. I pulled into a parking lot, assessed the situation (me: "wtf?!?!"), did a double-scroll reboot, and all was fine......for a week or so......

After that week or so, I hopped into my car and the whole screen (both sides) was kind of stutter-flickering with what looked like computer code gobble-dee-gook (yeah, it's a technical term) in the flicker. The maps sometimes looked like they had black tractor tread on them, sometimes white computer code looking glop, sometimes fine. I contacted Tesla and was told that there was a glitch in the last update (I'm on 2019.8.5) and that they will flag my VIN to be pushed the "fix" when it's released.

Well, the flickering went on for 2 days, then my screen went black again. Double-scroll restarted and now no flicker and (fingers crossed) no issues. Not sure if this means that I've been pushed the fix? Or if it's just fixed for now?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Do I need to push this further? Or is it "just" a hiccup?

Tried to upload a (totally boring) clip from my phone, but got "doesn't have an allowed extension" error.

Have had a few episodes of this, maybe the same thing referred to in thread? Today the speedometer went rogue, followed by crazy whole screen and then loss of music, an electronic sound and then black screen. It rebooted and was fine, later to recur.

IMG_E3149.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG