Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P performance depleted acceleration one battery % is below 70%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question - at what sort of battery % do you start to see a drop off in performance ?
I have a M3P and personally notice that unless the battery is at 70% + then there is a noticeable drop in acceleration. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Interesting that they say "As we suspected, as the battery SOC drops the power drops off significantly, far more than the RWD cars. This is because the voltage sag is significantly greater with the much larger amount of current being consumed by both motors."

I was thinking that I must be insensitive to the major power changes I had read about but it seems the SR+ (which I have) has less variation in it's power depending on state of charge. Of course it has less power to begin with so there's less to lose ... so it's just as well!

I understood it as 95-90% battery level gave peak performance and they tracked the depletion in performance down to 45% battery.

NB he couldn't hoof it as the torque was too high for their equipment - I assume for continuity they taped a block to the underside of the accelerator pedal.