Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made in America Tesla MY are pretty weak in comparison to international MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Because he is saying people in China are “slaves” and doesn’t want to purchase a vehicle from there.

I clearly pointed out Chinese workers are treated and compensated far better than those in Fremont.

Likening that to “slavery” is nativist and racist. It also doesn’t make sense because, by extension, OP is suggesting that Tesla corporate condones slavery. But only in China. Which, again is BS.

You think Tesla abuses its workers in California but does not abuse its workers in China because reasons??? I think it abuses the workers in California LESS than it abuses the workers in China, making California built cars a better option. You think this makes me racist. Everything you don't agree with is racist, so you don't really count as a rational person, so your opinion doesn't hurt my feelings.

Go look at the streets where you live and tell me how well things are working out. Do you even see the homeless any more? Or does changing the name (what is it now, Urban campers? Unhoused? Underhoused?) every few months to try and get away from the fact that you live next to the poorest people in America while making the highest wage per hour for yourself?

In my part of the country I can't go to Home Depot and pick up "day laborers" for a project, and if I could it would turn my stomach to see that kind of exploitation... but it is normal every day life in California. Tell me that you wouldn't be shocked to your core if you saw a white face amongst the people being exploited in this way... and then call me a racist.

Keith

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You think Tesla abuses its workers in California but does not abuse its workers in China because reasons??? I think it abuses the workers in California LESS than it abuses the workers in China, making California built cars a better option. You think this makes me racist. Everything you don't agree with is racist, so you don't really count as a rational person, so your opinion doesn't hurt my feelings.

Go look at the streets where you live and tell me how well things are working out. Do you even see the homeless any more? Or does changing the name (what is it now, Urban campers? Unhoused? Underhoused?) every few months to try and get away from the fact that you live next to the poorest people in America while making the highest wage per hour for yourself?

In my part of the country I can't go to Home Depot and pick up "day laborers" for a project, and if I could it would turn my stomach to see that kind of exploitation... but it is normal every day life in California. Tell me that you wouldn't be shocked to your core if you saw a white face amongst the people being exploited in this way... and then call me a racist.

Keith
At least they didn’t call you a Russian Bot yet. 😁

Reactions: S3XY1138
At least they didn’t call you a Russian Bot yet. 😁
He is hunting up random posts I have made in threads he isn't even posting in to give thumbs down too as we type. Disagreeing in a thread you are involved in, making your points and listening to the counterpoints is normal rational behavior. Giving a thumbs down to every post you find from someone is a childish emotional response, bordering on and possibly crossing the line into harassment... but it is OK because I am "Evil" and "deserve what I get". When dealing with children you just have to hope they are distracted by the next shinny object (opportunity to virtue signal and "own" evil people) and move on.

Keith

I’m also annoyed by the growing of number of differences between the US and Chinese MY. I don’t buy the argument that differences are due to labor/regulatory costs. Seems like simple cost saving efforts.
Could just be Tesla running the well dry on their old production parts stateside until the big move to Austin.

Maybe they will shut down NUMMI for good as well.

After reading about all the new features that international Teslas have…the domestic ones don’t have much appeal. It’s like we’re still buying the 2021 model when outside the US everyone is getting the 2022.

-International Tesla have the new headlight housing
-MIC Tesla has dual pane glass on both front and rear windows.
-Upgraded chip from AMD. My Hulu in my current tesla hasn’t worked for months and the UI is always been laggy.
-New v16 battery replacing the v12
-privacy cover for cargo area

And all the recent prices increases with no feature increase…..very niceeee.

Maybe Austin will fix all that but who knows…

This is just a post to complain…no value added. Still going to buy one 😅
My delivery this week's VIN indicates a 2022 Model

Every line worker I know at Fremont is making 25.00+ per hour, plus perks, plus insurance, plus stock. There is also plenty of room for advancement, relatively quickly. I have extended family in China also, one of which works for Tesla...on the line, and makes nowhere near what employees in Fremont make. This is factoring in COL. This is direct knowledge.

I’m also annoyed by the growing of number of differences between the US and Chinese MY. I don’t buy the argument that differences are due to labor/regulatory costs. Seems like simple cost saving efforts.

Unfortunately, there is a HUGE disadvantage, from a regulatory perspective, in America. Political pet projects have done major damage here over the last 30 years (or more). For instance, extended family in China opened a facial/permanent cosmetics/beauty, and clothing store. The cost was about 15k all in, converted to USD. This included equipment, furnishings, and major construction (which we'd call major tenant improvement here). Right here next door to Fremont, there is no way to even do that without a few very expensive licenses from the board of cosmetology, expensive licensing from the city and state, very expensive permits that require ADA compliance (where it was almost impossible to comply because of the building), VERY expensive construction performed by non-english-speaking individuals with poor construction capability (the construction wasn't of high quality in China either), health department permits and inspections, rents (only partially offset during construction), products (which are taxed as inventory), and a YEAR just to open the doors. The cost here...right next door to Fremont...was over 250k. That doesn't even include HR compliance costs or employees.

Our regulatory environment is just plain nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.