Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main owner driver profile does not show up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I received my first Tesla - 2023 Model 3 LR. Software version 2022.40.200.
I immediately added two of my family members as additional drivers.
For some reason I see their profiles in the Profiles section of the car, but my account does not show up there.
I can manually create an additional driver profile in the car, but I suspect that it won't be linked to my cloud account and won't synchronize if I ever buy additional Teslas.
Has anyone experienced this?

Today I received my first Tesla - 2023 Model 3 LR. Software version 2022.40.200.
I immediately added two of my family members as additional drivers.
For some reason I see their profiles in the Profiles section of the car, but my account does not show up there.
I can manually create an additional driver profile in the car, but I suspect that it won't be linked to my cloud account and won't synchronize if I ever buy additional Teslas.
Has anyone experienced this?
A follow up: for a brief moment my account showed up in the Profiles section. I clicked on it, which caused the car screen to go dark and restart and after the restart my account was missing again.

Are you asking about profiles on your phone or on the website?

Have you synced (set up as key) your phone to the car? Android or IPhone?

Owning a Tesla is a constant learning experience. It is helpful to read the manual after you get the car. The user interface makes much more sense after you have it for a few weeks.

Update: I was able to chat with Tesla support about this issue. Initially they pushed back and told me that I am doing it wrong, but then I sent them a short video to illustrate the problem and they responded that it is indeed a software bug and it will be eventually fixed via an OTA.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Im not sure what triggers the "tesla profile" to show up in the car. My ownership of both of my Teslas (model 3 and Y) pre dates the launch of the "Tesla profile" cloud profile feature. They just showed up for me in both cars.

I was wondering if it had to do with firmware version or something, and because you have a new car it has not shown up, but no one else has mentioned that, that I have seen. That could be because no one else who is new to ownership is familiar with the fact that tesla switched to cloud profiles, or it could be because they all have them, I have no idea.

Please let us know what happens. I didnt respond before because I didnt have anything at all I could add to help you, but with tesla saying "fixed in an OTA update" I suspect its because you are on a factory version, but dont know.

Still interested in hearing your resolution whenever it happens, though.

I'm trying to solve this issue myself.
The cloud profile feature is not well documented, or implemented. There's nothing in the manual that tells you how to get it on the car if its missing. There is no login feature in the car per se. Its supposed to 'just work'.
It DID just work on my Feb 2022 built M3LR. The feature came with an update, and when I updated I had a new profile on the car with my account photo and email address in addition to the manual profile I originally created. This meant I had to re-do all the settings in this new cloud profile. Ok fine.

It worked well until I had to have my main computer replaced due to the cellular modem failing. (Parked underground at a hotel for 24 hours, lost connectivity, which is normal. Came back to street level and the LTE never reconnected. Took it into a SC and they couldn't fix it, so they replaced the mainboard.
Since then, I had to re-add a new driver profile for myself, and re-configure all my preferred settings. My cloud profile that WAS on my old computer never showed up. My wife who was added to the car before the replacement computer is showing up.
I just tried removing my phone key from the car, logged out of the app on my phone, removed the bluetooth connection and re-did everything. Thinking that would trigger the system to pushing my cloud profile down to the car. Nope, not yet anyways.
There should be a way to trigger this in car, a login feature or something. Or else what good is it?
If anyone has a solution other than wait for an update, I'd love to hear it :)

p.s. I was in a SC for service and asked the new car delivery team lead about this issue. He is the most knowledgable person at the SC and he didn't even know how to get it on the car 100%. He said some new cars already have the owners profile on when they take delivery, no intervention required by his team or the owner. Some don't, so they have to go through the manual driver profile setup with the new owner. It probably shows up later for these new drivers. <shrugs>

Attachments

• IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    603.5 KB · Views: 531
I just took delivery of my first EV, 2023 M3R today. I have the same problem with the owner profile. My wife's works fine and is linked to the cloud as soon as she accepted in the invite. I had created a local profile and when I tried to copy settings to setup cloud profile, it just disappeared. It never creates it. I tried many times with the same result. Regardless if I copy or setup after deleting my profile. Definitely a software bug. I am on 2022.44.30.1. I did notice when I was setting up Bluetooth the system blanked and showed the Tesla logo a few times.

Hope there is an update soon.

I am on 2022.44.30.1 and I am also experiencing the same issue. Has anyone had success getting the cloud profile to show up after some manual process (un-linking phone, etc..)? Unlike mobilewill, it been over a week since I picked up the car and it still is not showing.

I'm trying to solve this issue myself.
The cloud profile feature is not well documented, or implemented. There's nothing in the manual that tells you how to get it on the car if its missing. There is no login feature in the car per se. Its supposed to 'just work'.
It DID just work on my Feb 2022 built M3LR. The feature came with an update, and when I updated I had a new profile on the car with my account photo and email address in addition to the manual profile I originally created. This meant I had to re-do all the settings in this new cloud profile. Ok fine.

It worked well until I had to have my main computer replaced due to the cellular modem failing. (Parked underground at a hotel for 24 hours, lost connectivity, which is normal. Came back to street level and the LTE never reconnected. Took it into a SC and they couldn't fix it, so they replaced the mainboard.
Since then, I had to re-add a new driver profile for myself, and re-configure all my preferred settings. My cloud profile that WAS on my old computer never showed up. My wife who was added to the car before the replacement computer is showing up.
I just tried removing my phone key from the car, logged out of the app on my phone, removed the bluetooth connection and re-did everything. Thinking that would trigger the system to pushing my cloud profile down to the car. Nope, not yet anyways.
There should be a way to trigger this in car, a login feature or something. Or else what good is it?
If anyone has a solution other than wait for an update, I'd love to hear it :)

p.s. I was in a SC for service and asked the new car delivery team lead about this issue. He is the most knowledgable person at the SC and he didn't even know how to get it on the car 100%. He said some new cars already have the owners profile on when they take delivery, no intervention required by his team or the owner. Some don't, so they have to go through the manual driver profile setup with the new owner. It probably shows up later for these new drivers. <shrugs>
Hi,

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having a similar problem right now. I got my Model Y less than 2 weeks ago, and when I initially setup my driver profile, I was able to setup the cloud profile just fine. But then about a week ago, my Model Y's AP computer failed, and it had to be replaced. I just picked up my car after being serviced, and my driver profile was wiped, and I can't seem to get my cloud profile back onto the car. I've tried creating new profiles, and can't get it to work or come back. Also tried removing my phone as a key and setting up again, but that didn't work either.

I am on 2022.44.30.1 and I am also experiencing the same issue. Has anyone had success getting the cloud profile to show up after some manual process (un-linking phone, etc..)? Unlike mobilewill, it been over a week since I picked up the car and it still is not showing.
Have you found a solution? I'm on the same version and can't get the Cloud Profile to come up. I was able to get it to work initially, but Tesla had to service my car and my profile got wiped and now can't get my Cloud Profile back.

Have you found a solution? I'm on the same version and can't get the Cloud Profile to come up. I was able to get it to work initially, but Tesla had to service my car and my profile got wiped and now can't get my Cloud Profile back.
Nope, still just using local profile. I did have a model 3 prior to getting my current model y. My cloud profile was working on that model 3 before it was totaled a few months ago. This issue seems to be related to hardware failure based on my experience and the above posts.

Nope, still just using local profile. I did have a model 3 prior to getting my current model y. My cloud profile was working on that model 3 before it was totaled a few months ago. This issue seems to be related to hardware failure based on my experience and the above posts.
Interesting. Yeah my brand new Model Y's Autopilot computer failed and had it replaced via Service Center, and after the replacement I can't get my Cloud Profile to show up in my Model Y. My wife's cloud profile (which I added after the replacement) works just fine.

I even tried factory resetting our car to see if that would help, but it didn't. Mine still isn't working and my wife's works just fine.

I finally got a solution on this issue. The solution was to open a service request in the app for "other - infotainment", originally i got the same "wait for a software update response" but then they "cleared our part of the cloud profile on our servers" and it ended up working.

Reactions: ewoodrick