Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major MyTesla issue in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had issues with wrong info in my tesla of the order i placed.
Dogshit! They cant get a website right! , they couldnt get the link about the spec to work either, just loads two blank pages in both phone and laptop.
Service shite also. No one communicates.
Worried about why i just spent 111k with a company who cant get basics even close to right.

I had issues with wrong info in my tesla of the order i placed.
Dogshit! They cant get a website right! , they couldnt get the link about the spec to work either, just loads two blank pages in both phone and laptop.
Service shite also. No one communicates.
Worried about why i just spent 111k with a company who cant get basics even close to right.
You should probably cancel your order now... by the sounds of it you won't be happy when it arrives and you'll find a lot of problems with the vehicle to complain about. Just get a nice reliable Toyota or something - they've been doing service for a long time... and websites.

You should probably cancel your order now... by the sounds of it you won't be happy when it arrives and you'll find a lot of problems with the vehicle to complain about. Just get a nice reliable Toyota or something - they've been doing service for a long time... and websites.

Thats the opposite of what everyone else has told me. Everyone has said how much ill love the car.
Why what problems will i have? Arethere a lot of problems with them?
Guy in the showroom said allthe UK cars had had most of their issues worked put as they get released inUS first

• Disagree
Reactions: PV4EV
Thats the opposite of what everyone else has told me. Everyone has said how much ill love the car.
Why what problems will i have? Arethere a lot of problems with them?
Guy in the showroom said allthe UK cars had had most of their issues worked put as they get released inUS first
From my experience, this is much more of an "early adopter" vehicle than a "$100k+ luxury vehicle". If you expect Lexus-level fit and Mercedes reliability (cough), you may be disappointed with your choice. Owning a Tesla requires a certain amount of patience and acceptance knowing you are piloting a vehicle that is the future of the industry.

From my experience, this is much more of an "early adopter" vehicle than a "$100k+ luxury vehicle". If you expect Lexus-level fit and Mercedes reliability (cough), you may be disappointed with your choice. Owning a Tesla requires a certain amount of patience and acceptance knowing you are piloting a vehicle that is the future of the industry.

That i understand and have begun to come to terms with it.
What isnt acceptable is the people who dont bother to do their jobs or communicate with their customers like they care about them one jot.
I sent my third 'massive moan' letter to the UK sales director today.
I appreciate what you are saying, but is a company that cant even do basic web design and process integration serious? Its basic *sugar* they should be doing right and its not the company i thouhht i was dealing with after listening to Elon's audible book 4 times straight and totally beingbkown away. Now i just sit here dissapointed that is the same crap service you get everywhere else.

What isnt acceptable is the people who dont bother to do their jobs or communicate with their customers like they care about them one jot.
I appreciate what you are saying, but is a company that cant even do basic web design and process integration serious? Its basic *sugar* they should be doing right and its not the company i thouhht i was dealing with after listening to Elon's audible book 4 times straight and totally beingbkown away. Now i just sit here dissapointed that is the same crap service you get everywhere else.

The product is worth the challenge. But there are definitely growing pains all over the world.

I completely agree with you about the S and X. But the Model 3 is not supposed to be an "early adopter" car. If Model 3 buyers will be asked to understand that they won't be getting BMW 3-Series fit and finish, or even Chevrolet level fit and finish, because they're receiving such a cool car, then I would worry- a lot- that the launch will fail.
And that would be a truly terrible thing.
Robin

I got a much more serious potential security issue too this morning Hong Kong Time (GMT 04MAR2017 0200-0400). Could be related. I have notified Tesla tech support...will give them some time to respond to the issue before I let the details out in the wild.

I completely agree with you about the S and X. But the Model 3 is not supposed to be an "early adopter" car. If Model 3 buyers will be asked to understand that they won't be getting BMW 3-Series fit and finish, or even Chevrolet level fit and finish, because they're receiving such a cool car, then I would worry- a lot- that the launch will fail.
And that would be a truly terrible thing.
Robin
Model 3 will not live up to the quality of a BMW 3-Series for some time IMO. Simple equation of how long BMW has had to "perfect" interiors, manufacturing processes, massive design studios, etc.

If you compare Tesla's to all other available EVs though... you should be very happy.

Service is the Achilles heel of Tesla from my experience. It's getting better but again this is a very new car company experiencing growing pains. If you can't understand that and have patience... this may not be the brand for you.

Model 3 will not live up to the quality of a BMW 3-Series for some time IMO. Simple equation of how long BMW has had to "perfect" interiors, manufacturing processes, massive design studios, etc.

If you compare Tesla's to all other available EVs though... you should be very happy.
If you're only shopping for an EV, yes. Absolutely. There's no real competition as far as I'm concerned.
But.
If you're introducing a car meant to change the world, you need a wider audience. As in, the world. And the world will not be comparing the Model 3 to other EV's so much as comparing it to the whole array of cars that are on offer.
If it doesn't stack up quality-wise I don't think it will succeed. And that's an existential threat for both Tesla and for the better world that's so close to arriving.
Enough QC talk. I've been beating this particular drum enough. It's up to Tesla now to do a better job for a huge number of cars than they have done for a relatively small number of cars.
Fingers crossed.
Robin